PositionSenior Project Officer - Partnership FacilitiesMinimum 10 years of experience
Department/DivisionStrategy, Policy and Budget Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 03, 2020
Closing Date *Jan 31, 2020
Senior Project Officer - Partnership Facilities
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 102 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services, and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
AIIB’s Strategy, Policy and Budget (SPB) Department is responsible for: (i) developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank’s strategic agenda; (ii) developing and supporting the implementation of the operational policies and procedures for the Bank’s infrastructure investment portfolio (nontreasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management; (iii) overseeing compliance with the Bank’s operational policies and procedures; (iii) developing partnerships with multilateral development banks, development funds (global, regional and bilateral), foundations and the private sector to leverage knowledge, advisory services and financing, and provide integrated and coordinated development solutions to AIIB members; and (iv) developing the annual business plan to implement the Bank’s strategies and manage the Bank’s administrative budget to support the implementation of the said plan. SPB works with various departments of AIIB to support its partnership function with funding partners.
The SPB Department is seeking to recruit a Senior Project Officer to lead its work as Implementation Partner after AIIB becomes an accredited implementation partner of select partnership facilities. The prospective candidate will interface with and be responsible for day-to-day coordination with select funding partners. The position will include: (i) developing internal policies and procedures for engaging with strategic funding partners and for the Bank to fulfill its responsibilities as an Accredited Partner; (ii) supporting the implementation, reporting on the performance and administering the funds at Implementation Partner, program and project levels; and (iii) leading a dedicated work for fund management, review, monitoring, reporting and communication.
- Support and provide strategic guidance and vision for the partnership with select funding partners, and ensure that these partnerships are not only consistent with the Bank’s mandate and core values and aligned with AIIB's strategies, but also play a transformative role in the preparation and implementation of development solutions for AIIB’s members.
- Set up internal policies and procedures for AIIB to engage with strategic funding partners and act as their fund manager or accredited Implementation partner of select facilities. This includes developing partnership agreements that cover: (i) eligibility criteria for accessing and managing the funds; (ii) establishing risk management and controls for the use of funds in Bank operations; (iii) establishing accountability and governance arrangements for the Bank to fulfill its role; (iv) developing the partnership-level results framework to monitor and report on outcomes and performance; (v) establishing the financial management requirements necessary for the transparent and accountable use of the funds; and (vi) establishing communications modalities to Bank management and partners through regular reports and media visuals.
- Ensure operational efficiency and sustainability to ensure efficient administration by the Bank, accrued benefits for the Bank and its members from using those funds in Bank-funded operations, and cost recovery for the Bank to perform its agreed roles.
- Support the relevant units within the Bank in the performance of their respective duties. This includes support for approval of funding applications for specific projects, implementation of specific projects, monitoring and reporting, and fiduciary and implementation oversight.
- Lead the coordination on the preparation of all documents required for management to approve funding applications and monitor performance including achievement of results.
- Support the project task teams to deal with issues and bottlenecks impacting the implementation of the partner-funded financed activities and programs.
- Assume the administrative leadership of the funds at three levels, i.e. the fund manager/partner level at which funds are contributed, the program level at which they are allocated, and the project level at which they are disbursed through fund accounts.
- Coordinate a team and work to ensure that due dates are met, quality outputs are generated, and activities of the Implementation Partner Secretariat are designed and implemented to encourage team building and greater team cohesion.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in a similar leadership assignment involving coordination with development partners and implementation of development projects;
- With demonstrable experience as an advisory resource for a broad area of specialization or in a narrow specialized field;
- Can contribute to strategy, analysis and policy formulation;
- Works independently with minimal guidance;
- Can routinely lead complex projects and integrate work of other (often multi-disciplinary) professional staff;
- Exhibits mature judgment and excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills, including the ability to work with, and relate to, a wide range of stakeholder-donors, clients, and staff;
- An experienced professional with practical application of professional knowledge at a broad-based level to complete difficult assignments;
- Performs professional-level research, and can analyze, diagnose and propose solutions to moderately complex problems in the field of specialization;
- Able to develop a big picture perspective on a program-level, while maintaining attention to details on a project-level;
- A strong team player with a proactive attitude and able to work independently;
- Able to think innovatively and creatively;
- Has a superior client orientation, with strong interpersonal, organizational and diplomatic skills, and able to work with all levels of staff, managers, clients and partners. Adept at identifying, coordinating and discussing program/project level issues with the Bank’s various departments and management;
- Proven track record of working efficiently, under time pressure and in a multicultural environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal English language communication and writing skills.
- Minimum of a Master’s or equivalent degree in public policy, economics, business, management, finance or similar areas from a reputable university;
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES