PositionInvestment Operations Specialists / Senior Specialists - EnergyMinimum 5-10 years of experience
Department/DivisionInfrastructure Investment Department
Job Type **Global Recruitment
Posting DateApr 26, 2021
Investment Operations Specialists / Senior Specialists - Energy
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
Infrastructure Investment Department is scaling up its support for energy sector programs in client countries and is working to recruit experienced and talented energy specialists with energy sector skills aligned with generation, transmission, and distribution. Experience working in traditional sources of energy (hydro, liquefied natural gas, etc.) and/or various types of renewable energy will also be considered.
The Investment Operations Specialists/Senior Specialists - Energy will contribute to AIIB’s overall lending program by supporting the planning, design, preparation and implementation of projects and programs that meet the rapid growth demands of the energy sector and help improve production and consumption efficiency in client countries. The Specialists/Senior Specialists will be responsible for the delivery of AIIB’s energy lending program, and its implementation, given the increased demand for more efficient generation systems, the value chain of transmission and distribution, regional energy trade, fair energy pricing and sustainable tariff policies, among others.
- Lead and/or contribute to energy sector analyses of specific countries. Identify, conceptualize and prepare projects to:
- advise clients on feasibility studies, technical design and cost-effective analysis leading to investment prioritization;
- undertake technical and economic analysis of project investments and programs;
- review and assess implementation capacity of project counterparts and support institutions/agencies and
- design practical implementation plans focused on getting results;
- Work with clients to develop investment strategies that would pursue the most effective approach to achieve energy efficiency under various economic and environmental conditions; and
- Supervise projects and programs under implementation to ensure appropriate technical quality and consistency with project objectives.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant working experience (for Specialists, 8-10 years for Senior Specialists) in the energy sector and undertaking economic feasibility studies for energy sector investment and management/analysis.
- Extensive experience working in infrastructure operations or the management of infrastructure projects in middle-income and/or developed countries and the introduction of state-of-the-art technology/expertise to countries in Asia; experience in contract management and administration, planning and programming of capital and maintenance works and institutional reforms would be favorably considered.
- Work experience in developing countries would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with various types and schemes of energy activities and development in general, and demonstrable in-depth knowledge of at least one type of energy activity.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to conduct day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as economics or energy engineering (e.g., all types of relevant energy and power such as fossil-based, various kinds of renewable, generation, transmission, distribution, etc.).
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.