PositionInvestment Associates and Analysts - BankingMinimum 3-5 years of experience
Job Type **Global Recruitment
Posting DateApr 26, 2021
Investment Associates and Analysts - Banking
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Banking Department for each team has the following business lines: (i) Capital Markets and Structured Products, (ii) Digital Infrastructure and Other Productive Sectors, (iii) Financial Institutions and Syndication, and (iv) Private Equity.
Investment Associates and Analysts with the Banking Department are expected to assist senior team members in the origination and execution of debt market investments (such as loans and guarantees), equity market investments (such as indirect equity investments via private equity funds as well as direct equity investments both in corporate platforms and specific projects), and/or capital market investments (such as corporate bonds, green bonds, project bonds and other asset-backed securities).
Watch our video job description to know more about this role (click this link).
- Conduct research on projects and clients;
- Arrange and prepare field missions and background documents for said missions, including presentations, memos, and reports; coordinate and participate in internal meetings, and conduct follow up and reporting;
- Support project due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants are incorporated in the financing structure;
- Analyze financial statements and assist project team leaders in structuring transactions;
- Prepare project and corporate financial models;
- Support internal coordination through information exchanges and work with relevant divisions of the Bank;
- Support the team and Management in achieving targets and objectives; and
- Perform ad hoc tasks assigned by the senior management of the team.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the field of corporate/project finance gained at commercial/investment banks and/or international financial institutions.
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity and funds, and/or capital market instruments.
- Financial, analytical and modeling skills, and credit skills will be an advantage.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in business administration or finance, or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.