PositionSocial Development Specialists / Senior SpecialistsMinimum 5-10 years of experience
Department/DivisionOperational Services Department
Job Type **Global Recruitment
Social Development Specialists / Senior Specialists
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Social Development Specialists/Senior Specialists will be primarily responsible for supporting the integration of social development dimensions into the operational work of AIIB, recognizing the importance of this issue in the development of sustainable infrastructure. The position involves activities to:
- address the social dimensions of policies, programs, projects, technical assistance and training; and
- manage the social risks and impacts in investment strategies, policies, programs and projects.
- Support the formulation and implementation of the social development aspects of AIIB’s strategies, policies, programs, and projects, including strategic planning and sector studies;
- Participate in the identification, appraisal, design and implementation of investment programs and projects to evaluate social impact assessment;
- Support the design, preparation, and implementation by clients of the social assessments of plans and frameworks (social management, involuntary resettlement, and indigenous peoples);
- Participate in the management of the social risks and impacts of investment projects by conducting social reviews, advisory work and compliance studies (including field-based reviews);
- Support the development and monitoring of courses of action based on reviews to resolve issues concerning client compliance with the social requirements of AIIB;
- Support the coordination of the application of disclosure of and consultation on social assessments and related studies at the project level;
- Support the development of AIIB’s approach toward certain issues such as gender, labor and disability;
- Coordinate the application of project-level grievance resolution mechanisms;
- Support the development of training on social safeguard systems for AIIB staff and clients; and
- As needed, engage with civil society organizations and nongovernmental organizations on social issues.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience (for Specialist, 8-10 for Senior Specialist) in the planning and management of social development activities, either working for, or as a government counterpart or consultant to, a multilateral development bank, bilateral donor or a private sector organization.
- Proven application of professional expertise in planning and management of social aspects (including large-scale resettlement, gender, labor and/or disability) of infrastructure programs and projects in sectors such as energy, transport, water, and urban development.
- Experience with planning, preparation, and implementation of project-level social assessments, including plans and frameworks of social management, involuntary resettlement, and indigenous peoples.
- Experience in working with a team on project development and supervision, including project design, feasibility studies, consultations, and management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills working with public and private sector clients, and development partners (multilateral development banks and bilateral development organizations) of AIIB in an effective, timely and professional manner in both formal and informal settings.
- Experience serving as a member of interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience in working with civil society and NGOs.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in social science, planning, law, or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.