PositionDirector General, Banking Department (Investment Operations Region 2)Minimum 20 years of experience
Department/DivisionInvestment Operations Region 2
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 02, 2020
Closing Date *Jan 22, 2020
Director General, Banking Department (Investment Operations Region 2)
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was founded to bring countries together to address Asia’s daunting infrastructure funding gap. Our mission is to improve economic and social development in Asia and beyond through a focus on sustainable infrastructure, cross-border connectivity and private capital mobilization. AIIB has committed capital from 102 members of USD100 billion of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A rated institution.
The AIIB’s Investment Operations are divided into two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Director General for the Banking Department, Investment Operations Region 2 will lead the following teams:
- Capital Markets and Structured Products;
- Digital Infrastructure and Other Productive Sectors;
- Financial Institutions and Syndication; and
- Private Equity.
- This position will report to the VP of Investment Operations Region 2.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Building an outstanding team of professionals who can implement AIIB’s business plans;
- Providing strong and results-oriented leadership in organizing and managing the department;
- Building a strong pipeline of high-quality investment transactions;
- Assisting senior management in strategic planning and providing guidance to the team on strategic matters;
- Ensuring effective implementation, monitoring and reporting of the teams’ projects and being accountable for their project appraisal, execution, implementation monitoring, results and developmental impact assessment processes;
- Ensuring that all projects financed by the team comply with all applicable AIIB policies and directives;
- Maintaining and enhancing effective relationships with governments, clients, other financing partners, advisors, consultants and stakeholders;
- Initiating and active participating in preparation of the relevant policies and regulations in cooperation with the other divisions of the Bank;
- Ensuring regular cross-departmental communications, cooperation and exchange of information; and
- Leading annual departmental business planning and budget management.
- Minimum 20 years of professional experience in top-tier global financial institutions;
- Substantial experience in at least one, and preferably two, of the primary business lines covered by the Banking Department, Region 2;
- Substantial experience in project and infrastructure financing across multiple sectors and jurisdictions;
- Substantial knowledge and experience of the debt and equity capital markets;
- Strong credit and structuring skills;
- An exceptional track record in achieving results and problem solving;
- Strong managerial and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability in managing diverse teams and stakeholders, both internal and external;
- High proficiency and command of English as well as at least one regional language; and
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in finance or economics related fields from a reputable university.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES