PositionChief Counsel, Investment OperationsMinimum 15 years of experience
Department/DivisionOffice of the General Counsel
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 31, 2019
Closing Date *Feb 21, 2019
Chief Counsel, Investment Operations
The position of Chief Counsel, Investment Operations, Office of the General Counsel (OGC) demands that the incumbent has the skills and experience needed to assume primary accountability and leadership responsibility within OGC for managing the following:
- A departmental unit within OGC providing legal advisory services to the Vice Presidency, Investment Operations and, to the extent it involves, advice on matters relating to investment operations, the Vice Presidency, Policy, Strategy and Budget.
- A function within OGC that provides departmental support to the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), specifically in the area of managing external counsel advising AIIB on investment operations.
- A department-wide responsibility, specifically the ongoing training of in-house lawyers and others in relation to investment operations.
The position requires that the incumbent have the skills and experience needed to make direct contributions to critical Bankwide functions, such as:
- Providing advice to a committee of the Board of Directors.
- Providing advice to the management committees dealing with investment operations and policy and strategy matters as they impact on investment operations.
- Representing the Bank at external events in relation to investment operations matters.
- Contributing to Bankwide initiatives.
The position calls for the incumbent to have the skills and experience needed to deputize for and periodically representing at management and other meetings the Assistant General Counsel.
�The skills required to discharge the above-described responsibilities include:
- A high level of technical competence in the area of investment operations, including sovereign loans and especially lending and equity investments in subsovereign and private sector entities.
- The ability to contribute substantially to informed decision-making by the Bank’s governance organs and senior staff.
- The stature and personality needed to manage and lead staff so that the legal and other services they provide fully meet the Bank's needs.
- The ability to command the confidence of those with whom the incumbent works.
- The experience needed for this position is likely to have been drawn from a combination of working, for a substantial number of years (minimum 15 years), at progressively more senior levels in a major multilateral development bank, a leading law firm, a major private financial institution or global corporation. Experience in academia or the public sector will also be considered valuable.
The position reports to the Assistant General Counsel, OGC.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.ALL CURRENT VACANCIES