PositionSenior Treasury Officer - Structured FinanceMinimum 8-10 years of experience
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateMar 06, 2020
Closing Date *Mar 29, 2020
Senior Treasury Officer - Structured Finance
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 102 members, including 26 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The mandate of the Office of the Treasurer involves funding investment operations, managing capital and debt-funded liquidity, offering financing solutions to clients, as well as overseeing the general banking and treasury risk management operations for AIIB. Treasury's Client Solutions team is a transaction, structuring, and execution team that supports AIIB's client-facing organization with treasury solutions. The focus is on derivative solutions, structured products, and local currency debt capital markets initiatives. The person for this position needs to be experienced in financial engineering and have had exposure to a wide range of local debt capital markets, cross-currency derivatives markets and structured products across emerging markets.
What this position offers:
- An exciting opportunity to work in key areas of strategic priority within AIIB and facilitate innovative transactions in emerging markets;
- Ability to work on a wide variety of transaction structures, asset classes, sectors and markets;
- Client focus with potential to participate in project-related missions and negotiations in various countries;
- Work in a truly multicultural environment within AIIB.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, structure and execute transactions to provide financing solutions to support AIIB’s clients through debt capital market, structured products and local currency;
- Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for complex transactions;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Prepare training seminars and provide training and knowledge sharing to internal colleagues and external clients;
- Market financing solutions to clients, together with AIIB’s Investment Operations teams;
- Work with regulatory agencies and banks to structure workable solutions for AIIB and its clients;
- Conduct market intelligence of local and international debt capital markets;
- In collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders, manage the preparation and execution of AIIB’s local currency bond issuances and associated approval process;
- Provide training and knowledge management services to internal and external clients;
- Assist in the preparation and execution of AIIB’s local currency bond issuances;
- Lead and manage project teams, mentor and develop other staff.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant transaction experience in financial markets in one or more of the following areas: fixed income/derivatives/structured finance/debt capital markets within a development finance institution, an investment or rating agency or other institution related to capital markets;
- Excellent conceptual understanding and emerging markets structuring experience of fixed-income instruments, including derivatives and structured credit products;
- Strong business development, structuring and client relationship skills and a track record for emerging market transactions;
- Proven ability to effectively provide solutions to clients’ needs;
- Fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of other regional languages would be an advantage;
- Ability to interact directly and independently with senior management of potential clients, financial and technical partners and senior government officials;
- Good knowledge of information platforms such as Bloomberg or Reuters;
- Ability to mentor junior staff;
- Highly motivated and committed to the highest ethical standards;
- Genuine commitment to sustainable development;
- Willingness to travel;
- Works effectively with individuals and within teams;
- Master’s degree in Finance or related area. A background in engineering or a quantitative field would be desirable.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES