PositionGuarantees & Syndication Officer / Senior OfficerMinimum 5-10 years of experience
Department/DivisionInvestment Operations Region 1 - Banking Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 15, 2020
Closing Date *Feb 29, 2020
Guarantees & Syndication Officer / Senior Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was founded to bring countries together to address Asia’s daunting infrastructure funding gap. Our mission is to improve economic and social development in Asia and beyond through a focus on sustainable infrastructure, cross-border connectivity and private capital mobilization. AIIB has committed capital from 102 members of USD100 billion of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple-A rated institution.
AIIB’s Investment Operations are divided into two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America
With the launch of the Partial Debt Guarantee product, the Banking Department, Region 1 is looking to recruit a Guarantees and Syndications Officer/Senior Officer in its syndication team, with experience in wrapping/guaranteeing/credit insuring loans, bonds and/or derivatives in relation to corporate/project finance transactions. The syndication team at AIIB is part of the Banking team under the Investment Operations Department.
The Banking Department has the following verticals:
- Capital markets and structured products;
- Digital infrastructure and industry;
- Financial institutions and syndication; and
- Private equity.
- The syndication team works with project team leaders and Investment Operations colleagues to ensure the marketability of transactions, primarily structure and pricing of all investment instruments. Members of the syndication team maintain an active dialogue with the market, provide current updates to both internal and external clients and support origination activities in pursuit of new business. Structure and pricing guidance is regularly supported by an analysis of comparable financings (comps) and market sounding. Additionally, the group is responsible for the preparation of marketing materials, working jointly with the project team.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with international, regional and local commercial banks, export credit agencies, insurance companies, multilateral financial institutions, institutional investors, B Loan/credit risk participants and parallel lenders and keep an internal database of all participating financial institutions.
- Assist in the pricing and documentary aspects of guarantee products, funded and unfunded risk participations.
- Develop and grow a diversified base of new investors and identify prospective new sources of capital mobilization and expand relationships with existing investors.
- Assist the syndication team with the syndication process, including conducting market research, reviewing recent deals closed and identifying potential investors (banks/export credit agencies/financial institutions/ insurance companies/ institutional investors).
- Conduct deal-specific market soundings to advise AIIB project teams and other syndications colleagues on deal structure and pricing.
- Assist with drafting information memoranda, proposals and financial presentations detailing client and transaction-related fundamental information including merits, risk and risk mitigation.
- Prepare marketing packages for distribution to investors.
- Administer and launch data room sites for active deals.
- Actively source loan/bond market data and maintain a database of comparable transactions and competitors.
- Assist in selling down AIIB loans, including A loan participations, in the secondary market.
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years of relevant work experience for Officer level, 8-10 years for Senior Oficer level) in the field of guarantees, credit insurance, corporate/project finance syndication gained at commercial/investment banks, ECAs, international credit insurance companies/broking firms and/or other leading international financial institutions.
- Candidates with a master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in business administration or finance, or a CFA designation are preferred.
- Understanding of international capital markets, especially commercial banks, credit guarantees/insurance, institutional investor market and financial products, including loans, bonds, swaps and CDS.
- Experience in using available research tools such as Dealogic–Loan Analytics, Bloomberg and market publications and bookrunning platforms such as Debt Domain, Intralinks and Syndtrak.
- Strong credit, financial, analytical and modeling skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational abilities, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a must.
- Experience in Asian markets including local currency markets would be an advantage.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES