PositionProject Officer - Partnership FacilitiesMinimum 5-8 years of experience
Department/DivisionStrategy, Policy and Budget Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 03, 2020
Closing Date *Jan 31, 2020
Project Officer - Partnership Facilities
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 102 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services, and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
AIIB’s Strategy, Policy and Budget (SPB) Department is responsible for: (i) developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank’s strategic agenda; (ii) developing and supporting the implementation of the operational policies and procedures for the Bank’s infrastructure investment portfolio (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management; (iii) overseeing compliance with the Bank’s operational policies and procedures; (iii) developing partnership with Multi-lateral Development Banks, Development Funds (Global, Regional and Bilateral), Foundations and the Private Sector to leverage knowledge, advisory services and financing and provide integrated and coordinated development solutions to AIIB members; and (iv) developing the annual business plan to implement the Bank’s strategies and manage the Bank’s administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan. SPB works with various departments of AIIB to support its partnership function with funding partners.
The SPB Department is seeking to recruit a Project Officer for its fund management work as Implementation Partner of select partnership facilities, which is under guidance of a Senior Operations Officer. The prospective candidate will work on the day-to-day coordination with select funding partners and provide support to the Bank’s Investment Operations Departments in the approval, preparation and implementation of partner-funded projects. The position will include activities to: (i) use and manage the funds; (ii) monitor compliance with policies and procedures established by the Bank to act as fund manager of partnership facilities; (iii) monitor and communicate implementation results; and (iv) produce reports on implementation performance in the use and management of funds.
- Carry out the day-to-day work of the fund management as Implementation Partner. This includes, among other things: (i) preparing documents required for approval of funding applications; (ii) monitoring the implementation of partner-funded projects; and (iii) preparing regular progress reports and communicating results.
- Monitor compliance with policies and procedures established under partnership agreements, incl.: (i) eligibility criteria for accessing and managing the funds; (ii) risk management and controls for the use of funds in Bank operations; (iii) accountability and governance arrangements for the Bank to fulfill its role; (iv) partnership-level and project-level results; (v) financial management requirements; and (vi) communications of program/project level results.
- Support the relevant units within the Bank in the performance of their respective duties. This includes support for the: (i) review and internal approval of funding applications for specific projects; (ii) implementation of specific projects benefitting from these funds; (iii) monitoring and reporting on specific project-level results; and (iv) project-level fiduciary and implementation oversight (budget, accounting and auditing), as well as governance oversight.
- Proactively support project task teams in the implementation of partner-funded financed activities. This includes maintaining up-to-date information on portfolio performance, supporting portfolio reviews, regular monitoring of key project milestones (appraisal, implementation and completion) and project indicators, and recommending remedial actions when activities are behind schedule.
- Support the development and implementation of key training programs for the client at a portfolio level on fiduciary, safeguards and governance work, drawing on relevant Bank specialists.
- Support fund management work at three levels, i.e. the fund manager/partner level at which funds are contributed, the program level at which they are allocated, and the project level at which they are disbursed through fund accounts. This would include: (i) approving project-level line budget funds created under partner-funded programs and monitoring the performance of such line budget funds such as closing date, burn rate, disbursement rate and terms of the administrative agreements; (ii) preparing various financial reports to reflect the financial status of the partner-funded programs and monitor the expenditures and disbursements ratios as defined in the various administrative agreements; and (iii) keeping track of partner-funded budget status, preparing the annual budget and discussing the budget allocations to project task teams.
- Coordinate and work with other units within AIIB to ensure that due dates are met, that quality outputs are generated and that team building and greater team cohesion are encouraged.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in working in a similar assignment involving coordination with development partners and implementation of development projects;
- Mature judgment and excellent interpersonal, communication, and diplomatic skills, including the ability to work with, and relate to, a wide range of stakeholder-donors, clients, and staff;
- An experienced professional who can provide practical application of professional knowledge at a broad-based level to complete difficult assignments;
- Can perform fully professional-level research, and can analyze, diagnose and propose solutions to moderately complex problems in their field of specialization;
- Able to develop big-picture perspectives on a program level while paying attention to project-level details;
- A strong team player with a proactive attitude and able to work independently;
- Able to think innovatively and creatively;
- Has a superior client orientation, with strong interpersonal, organizational and diplomatic skills, and able to work with all levels of staff, management, clients and partners; adept at identifying, coordinating and discussing program/project level issues with the Bank’s various departments and management;
- With a proven track record of working efficiently, under time pressure and in a multicultural environment;
- With outstanding written and verbal English language communication and writing skills;
- Minimum Master’s or equivalent degree in public policy, economics, business, management, finance or similar areas from a reputable university.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade level and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.ALL CURRENT VACANCIES