PositionManager, Corporate Procurement DivisionMinimum 15 years of experience
Department/DivisionFacilities and Administration Services Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 03, 2020
Closing Date *Jan 31, 2020
Manager, Corporate Procurement Division
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 102 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
The position, reporting to the Director General, Facilities and Administrative Services Department, will supervise a team of professional and support staff and manage AIIB's corporate procurement portfolio in accordance with its corporate procurement policy and procedures to ensure that AIIB's corporate procurement activities are handled in accordance with the procurement principles of economy, efficiency, fairness and transparency.
- Provide strong leadership to the Corporate Procurement Division (CPD) in the implementation of AIIB's Corporate Procurement Policy, Directive on Corporate Procurement and associated Administrative Guidance, and lead in the amendments of these policy documents as necessary.
- Develop and encourage excellence in CPD strategies to maximize efficiency and optimize team work, and provide guidance to CPD staff in resolving complex operational issues.
- Manage the competence of corporate procurement specialists, associates and assistants in CPD, including assigning suitable tasks to staff and supervising their performance and deliverables on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead effective communications with and ensure full coordination and cooperation with other business units as well as other major peer organizations on procurement issues.
- Report to and interact with Management and the Board of Directors on procurement issues.
- Lead the preparation of the annual procurement report for publication.
- Plan and organize procurement training for AIIB staff and suppliers.
- Oversee meetings of the Corporate Procurement Committee in accordance with their terms of reference;
- Provide guidance on how to optimize AIIB's e-procurement systems; oversee the execution of the e-procurement system process flow as well as the daily operations to ensure overall process efficiency, governance and compliance.
- Provide guidance on procurement contracts management in collaboration with concerned business units and other compliance functions within AIIB.
- Oversee sourcing opportunities and strategy as well as conduct market study and category management with procurement-requesting departments.
- Oversee supplier life cycle management process, including conducting supplier performance reviews and addressing complaints from suppliers arising from the procurement process.
- Conduct business opportunity outreach activities on AIIB-funded opportunities for suppliers and consultants in both the international and local business communities.
- University degree in relevant fields including public procurement, business administration, engineering, law and finance, preferably at post-graduate level.
- Minimum 15 years relevant professional experience in public procurement working for large international public organizations;
- Proven superior managerial skills and leadership ability as shown in similar positions with international organizations;
- Strong hands-on experience in eProcurement system processing and management;
- Outstanding analytical, communications, interpersonal and negotiations skills;
- Strong track record of integrity and exposure to the best-in-class process of managing integrity issues with vendors; and
- Experience working in development in multiple countries is preferrable.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.ALL CURRENT VACANCIES