The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s (AIIB) International Advisory Panel (IAP) has gained six new members, bringing the total number of panelists to 12. AIIB established the IAP to advise the President and Senior Management on the development of the Bank’s strategies, policies and operational approach.
The new IAP members were added ahead of the panel’s 11th meeting on Oct. 18, 2021.The six new members are:
- Andrey Bugrov (Russia)—Member of the Board and Senior Vice President for Sustainable Development, MMC Norilsk Nickel
- CY Leung (Hong Kong, China)—Former Chief Executive of Hong Kong, China; Vice Chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference
- Ha-Joon Chang (Korea)—Professor, University of Cambridge
- Iwan Jaya Azis (Indonesia)—Adjunct Professor, Cornell University
- Mari Kiviniemi (Finland)—Former Prime Minister of Finland; Managing Director of the Finnish Commerce Federation
- Omobola Johnson (Nigeria)—Former Minister of Communication Technology of Nigeria; Senior Partner, TLcom Capital LLP
While welcoming the new members, AIIB President Jin Liqun also expressed his appreciation to former IAP members who recently completed their terms. They are Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz, Dr. Myung-Ja Kim, Ambassador Paul Speltz, H.E. Mr. Shaukat Aziz and Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
IAP members are appointed by the President for an initial two-year term, which may be renewed. The panel meets twice a year for discussions on a range of topics. It is composed of world-leading experts drawn from the highest levels of economics, finance, environmental sustainability, international relations and development. The full list of IAP panelists can be viewed on AIIB’s official website here.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow — infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized at USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.