Time: October 27, 2021, 8-9:15 p.m. (GMT+8)
Flagship Seminar—Paris Alignment: Opportunities and Challenges
The 2021 AIIB Annual Meeting was opened by President Jin Liqun who gave a briefing on AIIB’s priorities for climate finance in support of implementation of the Paris Agreement.
As Asia faces the dual challenges of addressing climate change and development, Paris Alignment will conceive additional business opportunities in shifting toward a low-carbon, climate-resilient and sustainable development pathway. On the other hand, Paris Alignment is not an easy undertaking, which must cater to different national and sectoral contexts and capabilities to ensure that the transition is inclusive and fair. It also calls for unprecedented collaborations between public and private sectors in developing and developed economies to deliver timely impact at scale.
This event brought together high-level speakers from MDBs, private sector investors and governments, to share their insights on how Asia can grasp opportunities and address challenges to align its future development with the Paris goals on mitigation, adaptation and finance.
- Jin Liqun, President and Chair of the Board of Directors, AIIB
- Ibrahim Ameer, Minister of Finance, Maldives
- Carlos G. Dominguez, Secretary of Finance, Philippines
- Ken O’Flaherty, COP26 Regional Ambassador of Asia-Pacific and South Asia
- Anne Richards DBE, CEO, Fidelity International