- A loan to, or guaranteed by, a Member;
- A Guarantee that:
(a) covers debt service defaults under a loan that are caused by a Government’s failure to meet a specific obligation in relation to the Project or by a borrower’s failure to make a payment under the loan;
(b) is accompanied by a Member Indemnity.
- Subscriptions to ordinary shares or preference shares (or a combination of both);
- A loan convertible into equity. The Bank’s investment may not exceed thirty percent (30%) of the company’s ownership holdings.
- In exceptional circumstances, the Board may decide to approve a higher, but not controlling share;
- If the Bank’s investment is in jeopardy, the Bank may take control of the company in order to safeguard its investment.
Preparation Advances for
- Ten percent (10%) of the total estimated amount of Financing for the Project;
- USD ten million ($10,000,000) equivalent.
- The President decides whether to approve each Preparation Advance.