APPROVAL DATE: June 24, 2016 SECTOR: Other Social Services (20%), Urban Transport (20%), Solid Waste Management (60%) REGION: Indonesia
Indonesia: National Slum Upgrading Project
AIIB approved a loan of $216.5 million, for the National Slum Upgrading Project in Indonesia, on June 24, 2016. The Project is cofinanced by the World Bank, which is contributing $216.5 million.
The Project will improve access to urban infrastructure and services in targeted slums in Indonesia. It will support the Government’s (GoI) program of urban slum infrastructure investments for 154 cities in the central and eastern parts of Indonesia. The Project consists of the following five components:
(1) Institutional and Policy Development;
(2) Integrated Planning Support and Capacity Building for Local Governments and Communities;
(3) Urban Infrastructure and Services in Selected Cities;
(4) Implementation Support and Technical Assistance;
(5) Contingency for Disaster Response. The project executing agency is the Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MPWH). The Project implementation period is from September 2016 to June 2021.
The Ministry of Public Works and Housing of Indonesia is the project executing agency. The project implementation period is from September 2016 to June 2021. Direct and indirect beneficiaries of the project are expected to include 9.7 million people living in the 154 cities and who are expected to experience significant betterment of living conditions due to improvements in access to and quality of urban infrastructure.
SBF Project Implementation Monitoring Report:
Click here for the most recent SBF Project Implementation Monitoring Report.