PositionCredit Officer / Senior Credit Risk OfficerMinimum 5-10 years of experience
Department/DivisionRisk Management Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateOct 28, 2020
Closing Date *Nov 18, 2020
Credit Officer / Senior Credit Risk Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth, and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 21 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple-A-rated institution.
The primary responsibilities of the Credit Officer / Senior Credit Risk Officer are to implement AIIB’s credit risk management framework through the identification, assessment, management of credit and investment transactions to safeguard assets quality and minimize potential losses to ensure sound management of credit risk at AIIB and to implement the credit and investment risk framework in the area of the Bank’s lending and investment operations. They will be reporting to the Head of Credit and Investment Risk.
- Evaluate credit and investment risks of loans, guarantees and investment activities; identify, measure, and mitigate the risk of new transactions and make recommendations regarding deal structuring, pricing with focus on financial intermediaries (i.e. banks, private equity funds), among others.
- Review proposed credit risk ratings based on the country, sector, market and counterparty financial analysis provided in the project appraisal documents, and recommend appropriate ratings; continuously monitor and recommend changes of counterparties’ credit ratings.
- Make financial risk assessments of different counterparties such as financial institutions, private equity funds and project finance, as well as different financing products and structures ranging from loans, guarantees to structured financial products and direct equity.
- Identify, formulate, and review financial and credit risk management policies and ensure that appropriate systems, procedures, and guidelines are in line with best banking practices.
- Conduct best practice due diligence and supervision in close collaboration with the Investment Operations Department, ensuring that AIIB’s risk appetite statement is implemented, and a proper risk-reward balance is achieved in all transactions.
- Closely follow the Bank’s lending and investment activities at transaction origination, monitoring and supervision levels, and advise on possible actions to mitigate the credit and investment risk resulting to the Bank.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant professional experience in multilateral development bank(s) or global financial institution(s), ideally in private sector credit risk management, lending, project finance and capital markets; familiarity with the economies of AIIB’s client countries will be an advantage.
- Thorough product knowledge of structured financial products, risk pricing, and equity investments.
- Familiarity with credit-enhancing mechanisms, risk mitigation and treatment of collateral regarding credit and investment exposures.
- In-depth knowledge of credit and investment risk-related financial analysis, procedures, and systems in complex global financial services settings.
- Proven skills and working experience in credit risk assessment and supervision function in major industrial sectors with particular emphasis on financial intermediaries and project lending in developing economies.
- Solid understanding of credit and risk management; detail-oriented; quantitative analysis skills would be an advantage.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master’s degree or higher in risk management, finance, or other related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES