Beijing, China, October 10, 2018
Three New Members Join the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s International Advisory Panel
At its fifth meeting, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s International Advisory Panel (IAP) announced three new members. AIIB established the IAP to advise the President and senior management on development of the bank’s strategies, policies and operational approach. At this year’s meeting, the IAP provided feedback and advice on AIIB’s business model.
The three new members are:
- Jose Isidro N. Camacho is Managing Director in the Asia Pacific Division of Credit Suisse, based in Singapore, and Vice Chairman for Credit Suisse Asia Pacific. In addition, Camacho is Former Secretary of Finance and Former Secretary of Energy of the Philippines. Camacho is a national of the Philippines.
- Dr. Myung-Ja Kim is President of the Korean Federation of Science & Technology Societies. Kim is a former Minister of Environment of Korea and a former Member of the National Assembly of Korea. Kim is a national of Korea.
- Dame Meg Taylor is Secretary General to the Pacific Islands Forum. Dame Meg is the former Vice President, Compliance Advisor Ombudsman (CAO) for the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) of the World Bank Group. Dame Meg is a national of Papua New Guinea.
During the meeting, President Jin also extended his appreciation to three former members of the IAP who recently completed their terms: Anders Borg, Tung-Chee Hwa and Dr. Oh-Seok Hyun.
IAP members are appointed by the President for an initial two-year term, which may be renewed, and are comprised of world-leading experts drawn from the highest levels of economics, finance, environmental sustainability, international relations and development. The panel meets twice a year for discussions on a range of topics where AIIB benefits from panel members’ wide international experience and expertise.
The following is the complete list of IAP members:
- Shaukat Aziz-Former Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz-Former Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia, Malaysia’s Central Bank.
- Jose Isidro N. Camacho-Former Secretary of Finance and Former Secretary of Energy of the Philippines.
- Yukio Hatoyama-Former Prime Minister of Japan.
- Steve Howard-Secretary General of the Global Foundation.
- Dr. Myung Ja Kim-President of the Korean Federation of Science & Technology Societies and Former Minister of Environment of Korea.
- Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala-Senior Advisor, Lazard; Former Finance Minister, Nigeria; Former Managing Director, World Bank.
- Paul Speltz-Former U.S. Ambassador, Chairman and CEO of Global Strategic Associates.
- Lord Nicholas Stern-Professor at the London School of Economics; Former Chief Economist, World Bank.
- Dame Meg Taylor-Secretary General to the Pacific Islands Forum; Former Vice President International Finance Corporation (IFC) of the World Bank Group.
- Prof. Ngaire Woods-Inaugural Dean of the Blavatnik School of Government and Professor of Global Economic Governance at Oxford University.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 87 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
Beijing, May 12, 2022
AIIB, OPEC Fund Advance Partnership for Global Infrastructure Funding
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and the OPEC Fund for International Development (the OPEC Fund) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to expand their operational and strategic cooperation to finance global public and private sector projects, promoting sustainable, resilient and high-standard infrastructure development.READ MORE
Beijing, May 11, 2022
AIIB Signs USD200M On-lending Facility to Support Sustainable Infrastructure Development in Bangladesh
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) and the Government of Bangladesh have signed a USD200-million on-lending facility to Infrastructure Development Co. Ltd (IDCOL) to finance infrastructure projects in Bangladesh, marking AIIB’s first investment through a financial institution into infrastructure in the country.READ MORE