Time: October 28, 2021, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. (GMT+8)
Building Resilient Urban Health Infrastructure
In 2020, AIIB established its Social Infrastructure Department with the aim of supporting health care infrastructure through sovereign and nonsovereign financing. AIIB is committed to helping its clients build back better and this event offers an opportunity to understand and align future urban health infrastructure needs based on the experiences of major cities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Health professionals and public policy thought leaders elaborated on priorities for health care investments and expenditures to enhance preparedness against the next global health crisis. We also jointly looked at the performance of city governments during the pandemic and explored how to strengthen public-private partnership to enhance resilience and preparedness.
Panelists discussed the role of MDBs in reorienting priorities in urban health care investments and promoting the use of ICT in health care service provision. This event gathered MDBs, city governments and public health professionals to identify areas for intervention and build together a GREAT (Green, Resilient, Equitable, Accessible and Technological) urban health care infrastructure.
- Shira Greenberg-Gelbwaser, Chief Economist, Director of State Revenue, Research and International Affair, Israel
- Luky Eko Wuryanto, Vice President and Chief Administration Officer, AIIB
- Hun Kim, Director General, Social Infrastructure Department, AIIB
- Nisreen Abada, Specialist, Dubai Healthcare Corporation
- Sekhar Bonu, Director General, Development, Monitoring and Evaluation Office (DMEO), NITI Aayog
- Charnelle Hicks, President, CHPlanning Ltd.
- Soonman Kwon, President, Korea Health Industry Development Institute (KHIDI)