Time: October 27, 2021, 2-3:15 p.m. (GMT+8)
Flagship Seminar on Connected Infrastructure: Transformations and Trends
The massive global shocks created by the pandemic have deeply affected the infrastructure sector. The pandemic has boosted demand for infrastructure investments that will help societies strengthen their resilience to health and sanitary shocks while disrupting the demand for traditional infrastructure sectors. It has also channeled a new form of demand for digital technology to increase connectivity for everyone, everywhere—so that remote work, distance learning and provision of social services could develop.
In parallel, the pandemic is accelerating the transformation of the infrastructure sector. Current operating models in the transport, water, or energy sectors are being questioned to face new geographic or urban demand and pressing climate change objectives. The adoption of technology is at the heart of this shift. Technology-enabled infrastructure is providing the backbone economies for organizations to be competitive tomorrow. At stake is how economies will transform.
This seminar gathered high-level speakers from governments, private sector investors and technology infrastructure implementers, to discuss infrastructure transformation driven by the technology.
- Jin Liqun, President and Chair of the Board of Directors, AIIB
- Ludger Schuknecht, Vice President and Corporate Secretary, AIIB
- Zhijun Cheng, Director General, International Financial Dept, Ministry of Finance, China
- Adi Rahman Adiwoso, Chief Executive Officer, PT Satelit Nusantara Tiga
- Hazem Ben-Gacem, Co-Chief Executive Officer, Investcorp
- Omobola Johnson, Senior Partner, TLcom Capital LLP