Time: October 27, 2021, 3:30-4:15 p.m. (GMT+8)
UAE Seminar—How Innovative Financing can bridge the Infrastructure Spending Gap in the Middle East
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us the importance of solid infrastructure toward maintaining a successful global value chain. Despite an increase in global government spending, gaps in infrastructure financing (especially in the developing world) risk hindering growth and accelerating global inequality.
As the world recovers from the pandemic, investment in critical infrastructure projects is needed across much of the Middle East to realize the economic potential of countries. This panel therefore focused on the United Arab Emirates, the GCC and the Middle East.
- How new financing models can support public and private partnerships and secure investment for new infrastructure.
- How multilateral cross-border cooperation can mobilize finance for infrastructure.
- The regulatory frameworks and policies necessary to accelerate and facilitate investment in large infrastructure projects.
- Danny Alexander, Vice President, Policy and Strategy, AIIB
- Tareq Alnassar, Assistant Director General – Private Sector and Trade Finance Operations Dept
- Niall Hannigan, Chief Financial Officer, Masdar
- Mark Cutis, Chief Executive Officer, Abu Dhabi Global Market Authority – Abu Dhabi Global Market