This Privacy Notice provides information on how the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (“AIIB” or “Bank”) processes personal data.
“Personal data” is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes the name, identification number, location data, online identifier, metadata and factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of a natural person. “Processing” means any operation or set of operations, wholly or partly automated or otherwise, which is performed on personal data, including but not limited to, collection, recording, storage, use, transmission, disclosure, dissemination, or deletion.
Any personal data submitted to AIIB will be used only for specified and limited purposes which are outlined here.
How does AIIB manage personal data?
AIIB takes personal data privacy very seriously. The Policy on Personal Data Privacy (PPDP) was enacted in October 2021 to ensure that the Bank processes personal data in a consistent manner taking into consideration recognized international standards. The PPDP shows the Bank’s commitment, as an international organization, to protecting personal data and using it responsibly. The PPDP:
- reflects the overarching principles, which apply to all personal data collected by AIIB on or after July 1, 2022;
- is reaffirmed by appropriate policies and procedures aimed at supporting effective identification and management of privacy risks across the Bank; and
- is overseen by a dedicated Data Privacy Officer, who is responsible for implementing the PPDP throughout AIIB, as well as advising staff on data privacy-related matters and monitoring compliance.
To facilitate the implementation of the PPDP, the Directive on Personal Data Privacy (DPDP) was issued on June 22, 2022.
What types of personal data does AIIB collect?
AIIB collects multiple types of personal data, which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Contact information (email, phone, address, job title, etc.)
- Date of birth/Place of birth
- Financial details
- Bank account, credit card
- National ID
- Copy of your driving license/passport
- Employment and educational history; professional affiliations
- Biometric details, gender, political or religious affiliation (where appropriate)
- IP address and other personal data collected via online identification technologies (cookies, pixels, etc.)*
- Additional information provided by you to us
*Such technologies are small stored files which AIIB utilizes to assist in providing more customized and improved service and web experience, to understand analytics and trends, and for security purposes.
What are the purposes for which AIIB collects personal data?
AIIB processes personal data for various purposes. These include, but shall not be limited to:
- Providing requested AIIB services to clients
- Contract, procurement, and business relationship fulfillment
- Events, conferences, and training management
- Client due diligence and Know Your Counterparty (KYC) procedures
- Recruitment and employment processes
- Website personalization, analytics
- Supporting client requests
- Survey management
- Live streaming, social media, or other digital photo / video capture activities
- Other activities needed to fulfill AIIB’s function, mandate or purposes
AIIB processes personal data fairly and only for legitimate purposes in accordance with the PPDP, the DPDP and this Privacy Notice. Processing is considered fair and for a legitimate purpose when:
- Consent is obtained;
- It is in the vital or best interests of a natural person;
- It is necessary for AIIB to perform a contract or comply with a binding obligation or commitment; or
- It is consistent with, or reasonably necessary to, the fulfillment of AIIB’s functions, mandate or purpose.
How is personal data collected?
Personal data is collected in various ways, including:
- Direct interactions via forms, creating accounts, subscribing to AIIB communications, or by interacting and corresponding with us by email or otherwise.
- Automated technologies or interactions. AIIB automatically collects technical data around your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. AIIB also collects personal data via cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
- Third Parties. AIIB third-party service providers may collect personal data in various ways including, for example: event attendance, personal data posted publicly, financial data submissions, business partnership activity, social media activity.
How does AIIB share personal data?
AIIB does not share or otherwise disclose collected personal data, except as described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with the PPDP and its related Directive. AIIB may share your personal data with third parties and partners in order to fulfill the above purposes. The types of third parties who perform services for AIIB may include: IT technical, cloud, and service providers; event co-sponsors and event management vendors; insurance providers; and host member public authorities. When personal data is shared with third-parties, such data is only processed in the ways and purposes as described in this Privacy Notice. These service providers are only authorized to use the personal data as necessary to perform specific services for AIIB. The partners and service providers of AIIB are required to appropriately safeguard the privacy and security of personal data they process on behalf of the Bank.
How does AIIB protect personal data?
AIIB maintains appropriate technical and organizational safeguards against unauthorized processing of personal data and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
How long does AIIB retain personal data?
AIIB keeps personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in the Privacy Notice and in accordance with the PPDP and the Bank’s applicable records retention and disposition schedules.
Are there international data transfers of personal data?
By providing your personal data to AIIB, you are deemed to understand and consent to the collection and processing of your personal data, including for purposes of international data transfer. When transferring data internationally, AIIB ensures there are appropriate safeguards in place so that your data is protected and used only as outlined in this Privacy Notice. These safeguards may include technical and organizational security measures and appropriate contractual provisions for international data transfer, where applicable.
Rights relevant to your personal data
Subject to reasonable limitations and conditions, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data that AIIB processes:
- Access: You may request information on what personal data has AIIB processed with respect to you, the reason for its processing and the period for which it is to be stored.
- Correction: Upon demonstrating that your personal data which AIIB has processed is inaccurate, you may request that the same be corrected.
- Deletion: If the processing of your personal data by AIIB does not serve, or no longer serves, a legitimate purpose, or if you are withdrawing your consent to its processing, you may request that the same be deleted.
To exercise any of the above rights, please submit your request here.
For questions and information relating to this Privacy Notice or your personal data processed by AIIB, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.