PositionTreasury Services OfficerMinimum 5-8 years of experience
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateMar 06, 2020
Closing Date *Mar 29, 2020
Treasury Services Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 102 members, including 26 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The mandate of the Office of the Treasurer involves funding investment operations, managing capital and debt-funded liquidity, and offering financing solutions to clients, as well as overseeing the general banking and treasury risk management operations for AIIB. The Treasury Services Officer will mainly be responsible for processing all treasury transactions (fixed income and derivatives with a special interest in Asian markets) as well as cashier payments of the Bank. The role is primarily focused on payments, settlement and confirmation processing, verification of data capture of transactions in relevant systems, cash account management and account reconciliations. Additionally, the Treasury Services Officer will be in charge of representing the team in various system or instrument implementation projects and working groups, as well as liaising with outsourced services providers.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Generate daily cash position and activity reports for all cash accounts;
- Oversight of outsourced services such as processing financial instruments traded in the Office of the Treasurer, trade validations and confirmations for all treasury transaction types, payments processing for both treasury and lending transactions;
- Manage and ensure accurate account (cash and custody) reconciliations;
- Monitor the daily cash flows and report the balances to relevant Treasury staff;
- Maintain and update relevant static data such as client database and SSI's;
- Control daily cash balances to ensure adequate funding for all AIIB activities with excess cash moved to approved portfolios;
- Serve as a point of contact with client services at various banks regarding daily cash activities;
- Participate, as directed, in relevant internal committees and working groups as well as in relevant external conferences and peer group forums;
- Regularly report objectives and results;
- Act as a key contributor in the implementation of various Treasury systems .
- Maintain compliance at all times with internal and external regulations and controls;
- Contribute proactively to the improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the treasury function by leveraging technology, driving automation and defining best-in-class processes and procedures.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of practical experience in an international treasury environment;
- A thorough understanding of treasury operations and products (fixed income and derivatives);
- In-depth knowledge of international and relevant domestic payment regulations and compliance systems is strongly desired;
- Experience with SWIFT, cash management systems and Bloomberg AIM or any other similar treasury management system;
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to clients's queries, requests and needs;
- Demonstrated ability to identify key strategic issues, opportunties and risks and identify solutions;
- Works effectively with individuals and within teams;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) is required;
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business administration or finance. Possession of relevant professional certification/s would be an advantage.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES