PositionProcurement Specialist - CorporateMinimum 5-8 years of experience
Department/DivisionFacilities and Administration Services Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJun 25, 2020
Closing Date *Jul 19, 2020
Procurement Specialist - Corporate
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 102 members, including 26 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The primary responsibility of the Procurement Specialist is to conduct procurement activities including procurement of goods, works and services with focus on the engagement of contingent workforce/individual consultants in accordance with AIIB’s corporate procurement policies and procedures to support the Bank’s operations. Additional responsibilities include providing technical advice and training to Bank staff and consultants and suppliers.
- Manage the engagement of contingent workforce/individual consultants using the online individual consultant’s management system SAP Fieldglass;
- Handle the selection of consultants, including preparing terms of reference, shortlisting criteria, and conducting financial negotiations in collaboration with requesting departments;
- Digitalize and improve the Bank’s corporate procurement processes, procedures and documentation, including for advertising, shortlisting, contracting, onboarding and offboarding;
- Provide training on procurement policies and procedures for Bank staff, consultants and suppliers;
- Provide business opportunity outreach on AIIB-funded opportunities for consultants to both the international and local business community;
- Review complaints from consultants arising from a procurement process;
- Optimize SAP Fieldglass to more effectively support the engagement and management of individual consultants; and
- Other procurement transaction activities as assigned from time to time.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience of corporate procurement, including that of contingent workforce in international corporations, large financial organizations, or other relevant sectors;
- Sound knowledge and significant experience of international best practice in corporate procurement including engagement of contingent workforce/individual consultants;
- Effective communication, analytical, procurement and contract management-related problem solving skills;
- Demonstrable track record of integrity and exposure to the best-in-class process of managing integrity issues with suppliers (firms or individuals);
- Highly proficient in English (both oral and written) as a working language;
- University degree or equivalent in procurement, business administration, human resources, or related fields; professional Procurement Certification (e.g. CPSM, CIPS) preferred.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.ALL CURRENT VACANCIES