PositionInvestment Officer / Senior Officer - Digital Infrastructure and IndustriesMinimum 5-10 years of experience
Department/DivisionInvestment Operations Region 2 - Banking Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 12, 2021
Closing Date *Feb 17, 2021
Investment Officer / Senior Officer - Digital Infrastructure and Industries
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB’s Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America. The Banking Department has the following verticals: (i) capital markets and structured products; (ii) digital infrastructure and industry; (ii) financial institutions and syndication; and (iv) private equity.
The Senior Investment Officer / Investment Officer - Digital Infrastructure is expected to work with other team members in the origination and execution of debt market investments (such as loans and guarantees) in Digital Infrastructure and Other Productive Sectors. The Senior Investment Officer / Investment Officer - Digital Infrastructure and Other Productive Sectors is expected to work closely with other relevant AIIB departments.
- Origination and execution of investment projects in Digital Infrastructure and other productive sectors;
- Lead project due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documents;
- Conduct research on projects and clients;
- Arrange and prepare for client meetings, include the preparation of presentations, memos and reports;
- Analyze financial statements and assist project team leaders in structuring transactions; prepare project and corporate financial models;
- Represent the Department in internal meetings through coordination, participation, following up and reporting;
- Support internal coordination through information exchange and teamwork with relevant divisions of the Bank; support the Department’s team and management in achieving their targets and objectives; and
- Perform ad hoc tasks assigned by the Senior Management of the Department.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience in the field of corporate/project finance gained at commercial/investment banks and/or international financial institutions;
- Experience in digital infrastructure sector will be an advantage;
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, private equity and funds, and/or capital market instruments;
- Experience in working on investment projects through an established approval process;
- Relevant background in leading projects/management skills - able to identify, engage and work with different stakeholders across private and public sectors, such as issuers, institutional investors, regulators, banks and other intermediaries;
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills; credit skills will be an advantage;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills; and
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in business administration, economics, finance or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES