PositionInvestment Officer / Senior Investment Officer – Financial Institutions and SyndicationsMinimum 5-10 years of experience
Department/DivisionInvestment Operations Region 1 - Banking Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateNov 30, 2020
Closing Date *Jan 24, 2021
Investment Officer / Senior Investment Officer – Financial Institutions and Syndications
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was created to help foster social and economic development, create wealth and improve infrastructure connectivity in Asia by investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors. As a new addition to the global multilateral development bank (MDB) family, AIIB works closely with other multilateral and bilateral institutions as well as the private sector to improve infrastructure by promoting regional cooperation and partnerships. AIIB has 103 members, including 20 prospective members, and has an authorized capital of USD100 billion, of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
AIIB’s Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Banking Department has the following verticals: (i) capital markets and structured products; (ii) digital infrastructure and industry; (iii) financial institutions and syndication; and (iv) private equity.
AIIB seeks to recruit a Investment Officer/Senior Investment Officer for the Investment Operations Region 1 Banking team, with experience in corporate/project finance syndication gained in a commercial/investment bank and/or international financial institutions. The Officer/Senior Investment Officer will works with project team leaders and Investment Operations colleagues to ensure the marketability of transactions, primarily their structure and pricing. The Officer/Senior Investment Officer will maintain an active dialogue with the market, provide current updates to both internal and external clients and support activities in pursuit of new business. They are expected to support their \structure and pricing guidance with an analysis of comparable financings (comps) and market sounding.
Additionally, the Officer/Senior Investment Officer will, working jointly with the project team, assist in the preparation of marketing materials, which may be information memoranda, lender presentations, or term sheets, among others, that can provide an overview of the company and be used by potential lenders/investors to analyze the investment opportunity and guide their investment decisions.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with international, regional and local commercial banks, export credit agencies, insurance companies, multilateral financial institutions, institutional investors (sovereign and private equity funds) and other existing/potential B Loan participants and parallel lenders and keep an internal database of all participating financial institutions.
- Develop and grow a diversified base of new investors and identify prospective new sources of capital mobilization and expand relationships with existing investors.
- Assist the syndications team with the syndication process, including market research by reviewing recent deals closed and identifying potential investors (banks/export credit agencies/financial Institutions).
- Conduct deal-specific market soundings to advise AIIB project teams and other syndications colleagues on deal structure and pricing.
- Develop lists of prospective banks and syndication strategies for transactions.
- Assist with the drafting of information memoranda, proposals and financial presentations detailing client- and transaction-related fundamental information including merits, risk and risk mitigation.
- Prepare loan marketing packages for distribution to investors.
- Administer and launch data room sites for active deals.
- Actively source loan market data and maintain a database of comparable transactions and competitors.
- Assist in selling down AIIB loans, including A loan participation, in the secondary market.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant work experience (at least 5-8 years for Officer level, 8-10 years for Senior Officer level) in the field of corporate/project finance syndication gained in commercial/investment banks and/or international financial institutions.
- Understanding of international capital markets, especially the commercial bank market and financial products, including loans, swaps and CDS.
- Experience using available research tools including Dealogic–Loan Analytics, Bloomberg and market publications, and bookrunning platforms such as Debt Domain, Intralinks and Syndtrak.
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills.
- Strong credit skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and organizational abilities, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in Asian markets would be an advantage.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in finance, business administration, accounting or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES