PositionHead of Program Team (MCDF)Minimum 15-20 years of experience
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateFeb 22, 2021
Closing Date *Mar 14, 2021
Head of Program Team (MCDF)
The Multilateral Cooperation Center for Development Finance (MCDF) is a multilateral platform designed to increase high-quality connectivity investments in developing countries through wider application of accredited international financial institutions (IFIs) standards and to encourage other investors and financial institutions to adopt these standards. The MCDF activities include information sharing, building capacity and project preparation.
The MCDF comprises:
- A Collaboration Platform, overseen and directed by the Coordination Committee (CC), to promote communication and collaboration among the IFIs and other development partners about their plans and activities relating to infrastructure and connectivity investment, investment standards, debt sustainability and other social and economic issues that help ensure the sustainability and transparency of investments.
- A Finance Facility, overseen and directed by the Governing Committee (GC), that would fund grants:
- To the accredited implementing partners of the MCDF when they carry out preparation activities for connectivity projects, prioritizing projects that are undertaken in collaboration with new development partners interested in implementing projects with stronger investment standards;
- For capacity building activities for developing countries and/or new development partners in the areas of sustainable investments; and
- For activities proposed by the collaboration platform.
- A Secretariat to support the day-to-day operations of the MCDF, led by a CEO.
- An Administrator to provide corporate, mainly financial, services to the MCDF.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) serves as the Administrator of the MCDF and host of the Secretariat with effect from June 30, 2020. The Secretariat will provide program management and administrative services to support the Finance Facility and the Collaboration Platform. It will be administratively established by, but functionally independent from, AIIB. Recognizing its functional independence, the Secretariat will be accountable to the GC for its substantive activities while remaining accountable to the Administrator for compliance with AIIB’s administrative rules and procedures. The operations of the MCDF, including positions of the MCDF Secretariat, are subject to the availability of funds contributed to the MCDF. Notwithstanding this, MCDF Secretariat staff will be hired under AIIB staff rules, receiving the same remuneration and benefits as regular AIIB staff with an equivalent level of seniority.
Under the leadership of the CEO, the Secretariat will be comprised of three teams:
- The Governance Team is responsible for providing support to members and meetings of the Governing Bodies of the MCDF to facilitate decision making, proposing and overseeing an accreditation process and criteria for Implementing Partners, developing and implementing a communications strategy, overseeing and monitoring risks in accordance with the risk management framework, serving as liaison with the Administrator, preparing annual workplans and budgets, and maintaining all necessary records;
- The Program Team is responsible for developing and overseeing day-to-day implementation of programming and monitoring policies and the MCDF operational manual, working with the Implementing Partners to produce and monitor a sustainable and robust pipeline of activities, and monitoring and reporting on achievements of results consistent with the MCDF Results Framework; and
- The Platform Team is responsible for developing and managing information exchanges, including the establishment and management of the MCDF Platform and Database, developing and implementing robust knowledge management tools, programs and events, and working with the Governance Team to ensure effective and efficient support for the Coordination Committee.
Head of Program Team – Duties and Accountabilities
The Head of the Program Team will be the day-to-day manager of the Program Team and will be responsible for ensuring that the team fulfills its duties and responsibilities. Under the leadership of the CEO, the Program Head will work closely with the CEO and leads of the other MCDF Secretariat teams to collectively ensure that the MCDF Secretariat fully fulfills its functions in an effective and efficient way.
The Head will lead the MCDF Program team responsible for:
- Developing the MCDF’s medium-term strategy to attain results;
- Preparing for review and approval by MCDF Governing Bodies, programming and monitoring policies, operational modalities (operational manual), proposals for funding priorities and project selection criteria, and reporting formats to be used by the Implementing Partners;
- Overseeing and maintaining the MCDF pipeline, in coordination with the Implementing Partners, and matching the pipeline with available resources;
- Preparing pipeline reviews and reports for submission to the MCDF Governing Bodies;
- Review funding proposals prepared by the Implementing Partners for submission to the MCDF Governing Bodies, for completeness;
- Compiling proposed work programs;
- Monitoring and preparing reports on results in accordance with the MCDF Results Framework;
- Designing and developing the accreditation criteria and framework;
- Chairing consultations, workshops and information exchange among Implementing Partners with a view to strengthening the pipeline; and
- Any other duties as assigned by the CEO of the Secretariat.
- Ability to work together and collaborate with a diverse team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master's degree or equivalent in business administration, finance, economics or related fields from a reputable university.
- Minimum 15-20 years of working experience in planning, preparing and assessing feasibility of connectivity projects. Experience in strategy development and results monitoring would be plus.
- Understanding of how MDBs work, including their project cycle. Work experience in MDBs would be a strong advantage.
- Demonstrable experience leading teams and/or demonstrated potential qualities for team leadership.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES