PositionHead of Governance Team (MCDF)Minimum 15-20 years of experience
Job Type **Global Recruitment
Posting DateNov 18, 2021
Closing Date *Dec 08, 2021
Head of Governance Team (MCDF)
The Multilateral Cooperation Center for Development Finance (MCDF) is a multilateral platform designed to increase high-quality connectivity investments in developing countries through wider application of accredited international financial institutions (IFIs) standards and to encourage other investors and financial institutions to adopt these standards. The MCDF activities include information sharing, building capacity and project preparation.
The MCDF comprises:
- A Collaboration Platform, overseen and directed by the Coordination Committee (CC), to promote communication and collaboration among the IFIs and other development partners about their plans and activities relating to infrastructure and connectivity investment, investment standards, debt sustainability and other social and economic issues that help ensure the sustainability and transparency of investments.
- A Finance Facility, overseen and directed by the Governing Committee (GC), that would fund grants:
- To the accredited implementing partners of the MCDF when they carry out preparation activities for connectivity projects, prioritizing projects that are undertaken in collaboration with new development partners interested in implementing projects with stronger investment standards;
- To developing countries and/or new development partners for capacity building activities for developing countries and/or new development partners in the areas of sustainable investments; and
- For activities proposed by the collaboration platform.
- A Secretariat to support the day-to-day operations of the MCDF led by a CEO.
- An Administrator to provide corporate, mainly financial, services to the MCDF.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) serves as the Administrator of the MCDF and host of the Secretariat with effect from June 30, 2020. The Secretariat will provide program management and administrative services to support the Finance Facility and the Collaboration Platform. It will be administratively established by, but functionally independent from, AIIB. Recognizing its functional independence, the Secretariat will be accountable to the GC for its substantive activities while remaining accountable to the Administrator for complying with AIIB’s administrative rules and procedures. The operations of the MCDF, including positions of the MCDF Secretariat, are subject to the availability of funds contributed to the MCDF. Notwithstanding this, MCDF Secretariat staff will be hired under AIIB staff rules, receiving the same remuneration and benefits as regular AIIB staff with an equivalent level of seniority.
Head of Governance Team – Duties and Accountabilities
The Head of the Governance Team will be the day-to-day manager of the Governance Team and will be responsible for ensuring that the team fulfills its duties and responsibilities. Under the leadership of the CEO, the Head of the Governance Team will work closely with the CEO and heads of the other MCDF Secretariat teams to collectively ensure that the MCDF Secretariat fulfills its functions in an effective and efficient way.
- Preparing for, and servicing the Governing Committee and the Coordination Committee (hereinafter referred to as the MCDF Governing Bodies), and servicing their Chairs as Secretary. This will include organization of in-person and virtual meetings, preparation of the agenda for meetings, summary reports of meetings, and managing consultations and decisions by mail or electronic communications;
- Preparing proposed governance policies, procedures and other documents to facilitate decision making for review and approval by the appropriate MCDF Governing Bodies;
- Tracking decisions by the MCDF Governing Bodies and monitoring implementation of such decisions;
- Designing and maintaining the MCDF Management Information System (MIS); and
- Coordinating with other teams in the Secretariat.
Communications and External Relations
- Developing and implementing a communications strategy, preparation of annual reports, speeches, press releases, reports and articles, preparation of outreach materials and publications; and
- Managing external relations, including providing support to the CEO with a view to building and deepening relations with contributors, client countries, AIIB senior Management, accredited implementing partners, and new partners.
Financing and relations with the Administrator
- Serving as the focal point within the Secretariat for relations with the MCDF Administrator;
- Preparing the annual work plan and budgets for the Secretariat and tracking expenses;
- Working with the Administrator and the Program team to track funding availability for new activities;
- Working with the Administrator to develop formats for financial reporting to the governing bodies and contributors on the MCDF Account, including contributions, funding decisions, cash transfers, disbursements reported, and amounts returned; and
- Working with the Administrator to prepare financing policies and financial reporting formats to be used by the IPs.
- Any other duty assigned by the CEO of the Secretariat.
- Minimum 15-20 years of working experience in government, multilateral development banks, financial institutions or other relevant organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain dialogue at a senior level with government agencies, IFIs, and other development finance institutions (DFIs) as well as private sector entities.
- Experience working with IFIs, DFIs and other financial institutions. Working experience in the corporate secretariat or legal department of multilateral development banks is preferable.
- Substantial understanding and experience with the mechanisms and instruments in the governance and administration of partnerships and funding facilities.
- Experience in leading teams and/or demonstrated potential qualities for team leadership.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in law, political science, business administration, finance, economics or related fields from a reputable university.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.