PositionBusiness Management Officer / Senior Business Management Officer (MCDF)Minimum 5-8 years of experience
Job Type **Global Recruitment
Posting DateNov 18, 2021
Closing Date *Dec 08, 2021
Business Management Officer / Senior Business Management Officer (MCDF)
The Multilateral Cooperation Center for Development Finance (MCDF) is a multilateral platform designed to increase high-quality connectivity investments in developing countries through wider application of accredited international financial institutions (IFIs) standards and to encourage other investors and financial institutions to adopt these standards. The MCDF activities include information sharing, building capacity and project preparation. The MCDF comprises:
- A Collaboration Platform, overseen and directed by the Coordination Committee (CC), to promote communication and collaboration among the IFIs and other development partners about their plans and activities relating to infrastructure and connectivity investment.
- A Finance Facility, overseen and directed by the Governing Committee (GC), to support grants to activities of the MCDF.
- A Secretariat to support the day-to-day operations of the MCDF.
- An Administrator to provide other, mainly financial, services to the MCDF.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) serves as the Administrator of the MCDF and host of the Secretariat with effect from June 30, 2020. The Secretariat will provide program management and administrative services to support the Finance Facility and the Collaboration Platform. It will be administratively established by, but functionally independent from, AIIB. Recognizing its functional independence, the Secretariat will be accountable to the GC for its activities while remaining accountable to the Administrator for complying with its administrative rules and procedures. The operations of the MCDF, including positions of the MCDF Secretariat, are subject to the availability of funds contributed to the MCDF.
The MCDF Secretariat seeks a Business Management Officer / Senior Business Management Officer with extensive business management experience to support business planning, communication, and deliverables. The successful candidate will facilitate the operations of the Office of the Chief Executive Officer including (1) manage the execution of the Secretariat's work program and align departmental objectives with the workplan; (2) work closely with various internal and external stakeholders to deliver streamlined and efficient business processes; and (3) facilitate the coordination and interfacing with both internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate the oversight of Secretariat systems, internal management, development and implementation of MCDF business/work plans and budget, and evaluations;
- Facilitate the management of external relations with contributors, AIIB as Administrator, IFI members of Coordination Committee, Implementing Partners, new partners, country governments and other stakeholders;
- Help streamline work flows and procedures, facilitate information sharing and decision making among the governance team, platform team and program team;
- Monitor and facilitate the execution of Secretariat workplan under CEO’s instruction to ensure the timely delivery of the MCDF’s business objectives within timelines and budget;
- Serve as focal point for the Secretariat's working processes, records management, facilities management, business continuity and other projects.
- Help in the preparation of speeches, briefing notes, presentations, data analyses, and other materials as needed;
- Review and provide comments on Secretariat documents;
- Help plan proper training programs for all staff; coordinate the work of organizing training, team-building, brainstorming and internal seminars; and
- Any other duty assigned by the CEO of the Secretariat.
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, finance, political science, public administration, international relations, or a related field.
- At least 5 years (8 years for Senior Officer) of relevant professional experience in international (or other relevant) organizations or in the multilateral governance area.
- Direct or relevant working experience in business management.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities required to build working relationships across teams; excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate in a clear and succinct style.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Self-starting, self-driven and proactive individual.
- Demonstrated experience, judgment, and capacity to execute multiple and diverse work programs.
- Ability to lead multiple teams and promote collaboration.
- Ability to adapt and play different roles based on business needs to bridge resource/skills gaps and keep several business initiatives moving forward.
- Excellent English speaking and writing capabilities and professional communication skills.
The MCDF is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.