PositionLibrary and Information Analyst/AssociateMinimum 3-5 years of experience
Department/DivisionFacilities and Administration Services Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 03, 2020
Closing Date *Jan 31, 2020
Library and Information Analyst/Associate
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 102 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
The Library and Information Analyst/Associate will work under the Records and Information Management (RIM) Unit, a service team within AIIB's Facilities and Administration Services (FAS) department. The Library provides access to published digital and print materials, reference and research services, and information outreach for AIIB. The Archives collect, maintain, and make available all information with historical value and that have a permanent retention value. RIM ensures that the right business information is captured, controlled, and disposed of upon meeting retention periods.
The successful candidate will support the work of RIM so that AIIB employees will receive essential information services and resources required to complete their work. They will aid in the provision of circulation, reference, catalogue, and other RIM support services including delivery of library and information resources within AIIB.
- Perform opening and closing and daily maintenance of library facilities and maintain an open and inviting space for all staff and visitors of AIIB.
- Provide full-time assistance at the service desk, including creating and organizing clients’ records and check-in and check-out materials.
- Perform original and copy cataloguing of materials according to library standards.
- Assist AIIB employees by answering questions, and retrieving and distributing library materials.
- Retrieve electronic resources from online databases when needed and/or refer AIIB employees to the appropriate sources of information.
- Process new materials according to established procedures, maintain acquisition records, and shelve library materials, including books and periodicals.
- Coordinate with vendors to order new material and process timely payments for vendors.
- Process orders for and receipt of books, journals, magazines, etc.
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and dissemination of alerts of new library and information products.
- Create user accounts and reset passwords of online subscriptions where necessary.
- Provide technical assistance and system and database support to library users.
- Notify AIIB employees about arrivals of new products including books, journals and electronic databases.
- Provide support with organizing library training, outreach and events.
- Compile information and statistics for reports and update the library intranet.
- Provide occasional backup support for records management and archival work-related activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the RIM Unit Head and FAS Director General.
- Diploma or degree from a recognized library and information management program.
- 3-5 years of solid recent library and information management work experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the required qualifications.
- Familiar with the library classification system, cataloguing standards and related library policies and procedures.
- Fluency in English is a must. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to use the integrated library system and software, including Microsoft Office365 Suite (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and SharePoint.
- With demonstrated ability to access and use digital databases and online services, including uploading databases to digital repositories.
- With knowledge of archival conventions and records management standards is an asset.
- With knowledge of and ability to search a variety of information databases.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of AIIB staff.
- With proven ability to solve problems, manage small day-to-day projects and meet deadlines.
- With proven ability to provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external contacts.
- With demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative team situation, offering assistance to coworkers as required.
- With proven ability to work under pressure, able to prioritize, and is self-motivated, organized and efficient.
- Able to interact and work in an international environment with employees from diverse backgrounds, and deal courteously and effectively with them.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.ALL CURRENT VACANCIES