PositionTreasury Officer – AnalyticsMinimum 5-8 years of experience
Department/DivisionOffice of the Treasurer
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 02, 2020
Closing Date *Jan 31, 2020
Treasury Officer – Analytics
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 102 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
The Office of the Treasurer (TRE) is responsible for funding bank operations, managing capital and debt-funded liquidity and offering financing solutions to clients. The Treasury Officer – Analytics reports to the Head of Strategic Planning and Middle Office within TRE. The role is primarily focused on providing analysis and projections for AIIB’s cash flows, liquidity and finances. The successful candidate will contribute to the development of AIIB's balance sheet strategies within relevant financial policies and authorizations to ensure financial prudence and sound banking practice with the overarching goal of ensuring AIIB's robust financial standing and creditworthiness.
- Support the integration and build-out of AIIB's Long-Term Financial Projections (LTFP) model to advance AIIB's strategic decisions, including its business plan and budgeting exercises.
- Collect, maintain, govern, and report on all assumptions for the LTFP and other financial data to support AIIB's strategic decisions.
- Maintain market data required for TRE’s strategic analysis and liquidity forecasting.
- Ensure proper governance and documentation for the LTFP.
- Maintain and analyze TRE's financial information to provide timely support for the preparation of AIIB's financial statements.
- Carry out research on methodologies and best practices developed by other international financial organizations with respect to financial projections.
- Respond promptly to analytic requests from management, generated in the requested format or, in the absence of a suggestion, in a format that would be most useful for the intended purpose.
- Participate, as directed, in relevant internal committees and working groups as well as in relevant external conferences and peer group fora.
- Contribute proactively to the improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of TRE's functions by leveraging technology, driving automation and defining best-in-class processes and procedures.
- Support the Asset Liability Management and Valuation/Collateral Management officers as required.
- Has a minimum of 5-8 years of relevant practical experience in a financial institution, multilateral development bank, academic or research institution, or other comparable international organization.
- With demonstrated knowledge and experience in balance sheet modelling, financial projections and reporting.
- Proficient in financial analytics and programming tools.
- With an in-depth understanding of the balance sheet dynamics and treasury operations of a multilateral financial institution.
- With substantial knowledge of asset liability management, debt capital market, fixed income investment management, derivatives, accounting and risk management as well as topical issues relevant for multilateral financial institutions.
- Able to multitask and manage competing deadlines.
- A team player and able to communicate well with others.
- With strong organizational, critical thinking and customer service skills.
- With effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Master's degree or equivalent preferably in finance or business, or equivalent work experience.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES