PositionIntern - Climate Change and Urban Development, Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
Department/DivisionStrategy, Policy and Budget Department
Job Type/ Department **Internship
Posting DateJan 22, 2020
Closing Date *Feb 19, 2020
Intern - Climate Change and Urban Development, Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
- Location: Beijing
- Business Unit: Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Research on concessional financing facilities for climate-related infrastructure with a focus on the Asia-Pacific region, including public and private finance, climate funds, green credit lines and other facilities, multilateral development banks (MDBs), bilateral financing institutions (BFIs), export credit agencies, national development banks (NDBs) and commercial banks.
- Identify areas of infrastructure investment in Nationally Determined Contributions and overlap with AIIB sector strategies (transport, sustainable cities, water, etc.).
- Support strategy and policy research, including preparation of related documents such as city / new zone profiles, news analysis and a specific urban sub sector analysis.
- Identify, analyze and profile large-scale urban infrastructure needs, in selected regions or countries e. g. South East Asia and Central Asia.
- Initiate, prepare and syndicate guidance notes for incorporation of disaster risk management into Country Programming Memos, in consultation with internal stakeholders and external subject matter experts.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and organize business meetings, forums and dialogues with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze data on urban and assist in monitoring and reporting on project-level indicators.
- Perform ad hoc tasks assigned by supervisors.
- MBA/Master’s (or equivalent) candidate preferably specialized in climate change, urban development, economics, finance, engineering or other related subjects matches AIIB’s thematic priorities from an internationally recognized academic institution.
- Strong research and analytical skills with a quantitative mindset.
- Passion for international development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Great team player.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
VIEW ALL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES