PositionIntern, Infrastructure Investment Department Region 2
Department/DivisionInfrastructure Investment Department Region 2
Job Type **Internship
Posting DateJan 14, 2022
Closing Date *Feb 07, 2022
Intern, Infrastructure Investment Department Region 2
About the role:
The Infrastructure Investment Department, Region 2 geographically covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa, and Latin America. The department invests in the Transport, Energy, Water, and Urban sectors.
- Support project team leaders in the conduct of due diligence, execution, and monitoring of a range of debt (project and corporate finance) and equity investments.
- Analyze and build financial models.
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements.
- Conduct country, industry, and market research.
- Review company information.
- Support document preparation for the internal approval process.
- Perform ad hoc tasks requested by the supervisors.
- Currently enrolled in an MBA/Master’s degree in business, finance, management, engineering, or related fields. Qualified or pursuing CFA/CAIA/FRM/CPA or similar qualifications would be an added advantage.
- Full-time working experience (2-5 years) in international finance and investment; experience in project finance, corporate finance, investment banking, financial consulting, private equity, credit analysis, or commercial banking would be valued. Experience in energy, water, transport, and/or urban development would be an advantage. Experience in emerging markets preferred.
- Knowledge of infrastructure finance, project finance, and/or equity would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and develop complex financial models and related accounting skills.
- Ability to work with diverse multicultural teams.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Knowledge of an additional language in a country covered by Region 2 would be an advantage.
- Passion for international development.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
VIEW ALL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.