PositionIntern, Climate Change and Sustainable Cities
Department/DivisionStrategy, Policy and Budget Department
Job Type/ Department **Internship
Posting DateMar 03, 2021
Closing Date *Mar 31, 2021
Intern, Climate Change and Sustainable Cities
- Location: Beijing/Virtual
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Start: Flexible
Conduct desk research on following key topics:
- Assessment of tools and methodologies and peer MDB and private sector practices for integrating climate change adaption measures into the engineering design of projects in key infrastructure sectors (e.g., transport, water), which will contribute to building AIIB’s Adaptation Toolkit and Catalogue.
- Assessment and mapping of climate-related resources – case studies, knowledge portals, toolkits – by theme (e.g., climate finance, mitigation, adaptation, policy including NDC and LTS) and by country focusing on the Asia-Pacific, which will contribute to building AIIB’s Climate Change Database.
- Research on urban resilience market and integrate information from various sources into briefing notes and papers.
- Research on the following topics: a. cross-border economic corridor; b. cross-border city climate partnership and c. on-line social - urban infrastructure to support preparation of management-level papers and documents.
Other tasks as required by the sustainable cities and climate change teams may include:
- Prepare materials for internal and external communication.
- Review and provide inputs to project documents.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting on project-level indicators.
- Master’s candidate in sustainability, green finance, energy finance, climate change, development, environment, sustainable urban planning, economics, finance, engineering, mathematics, law, history or other social sciences.
- Strong research and analytical skills with a quantitative mindset.
- Interest and knowledge in climate change and sustainable urban development issues.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
VIEW ALL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES