Venture Capital Fund Showcase
The Venture Capital Fund Showcase will be hosted by the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) during the 2021 AIIB Annual Meeting. Venture capital fund managers will have the opportunity to showcase venture capital investment opportunities to global investors and receive feedback from AIIB senior investment professionals and other industry leaders.
Who may participate?
Venture capital fund managers raising private capital focused on funding early-stage (series A-D) innovative technologies in infrastructure and allied sectors in AIIB Members may participate.
What is the format for participation?
All submissions will be reviewed by AIIB’s proposed panel of judges.
If a fund proposal is shortlisted, the investment team will be invited to present the proposal to the panel of judges during the 2021 AIIB Annual Meeting at the Venture Capital Fund Showcase event via virtual format.
During the Venture Capital Fund Showcase event, AIIB’s panel of judges will provide feedback on the fund proposal.
How do I participate?
All interested participants must submit their proposal by Oct. 10, 2021.
The proposal must be in English and must be less than 15 pages in PowerPoint format (but saved as a PDF).
The PDF file should be named in the format “Name + BP” (e.g., TechInfra +BP). Please consider including the following in the proposal:
- The challenge your proposed investment fund will address.
- The intended impact of your proposed investments.
- Investment thesis.
- Proposed team and team’s track record.
- Simple term sheet.
- Please also highlight in the fund proposal whether you would be willing to present your proposal to Annual Meeting attendees during the Venture Capital Fund Showcase or only to AIIB’s proposed panel of judges.
More information about the format of the Infrastructure Fund Showcase will be shared in due course.
To participate, submit your fund proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. of Oct. 10, 2021, Beijing Time (GMT+8).
What are the shortlist selection criteria?
All infrastructure fund proposals will be reviewed against the following criteria:
- Alignment with AIIB’s thematic priorities—green infrastructure, connectivity and regional cooperation, technology-enabled infrastructure, and private capital mobilization.
- Alignment with AIIB’s sectoral strategies: energy, transport, water, urban, digital infrastructure and other productive sectors.
- Projects to be considered by the fund have demonstrable economic benefits to the local community and region, preferably to infrastructure as well.
- Sound business case for investors.
Compliant with AIIB’s Environmental and Social Framework and standards of the country where the proposed project is to be developed.
What are the deadlines?
Sep. 15, 2021: Registration opens.
Oct. 10, 2021: Proposal submission deadline.
Oct. 15, 2021: Announcement of shortlisted proposals.
Oct. 28, 2021: Presentations during the AIIB Annual Meeting.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.