Infrastructure Fund Showcase
July 13, 2019
- Laurel Ostfield, Director General, Communications Department, AIIB
- Dong-ik (Don) Lee, Director General, Investment Operations Department III, AIIB
- Najeeb Haider, Manager, Investment Operations Department III, AIIB
- Thomas Walenta, Senior Investment Officer, Investment Operations Department III, AIIB
- Nicholas J. Mant, Head of Credit and Investment Risk, Risk Management Department, AIIB
- Courtney R. Lowrance, Principal Environment Specialist, Strategy, Policy and Budget Department, AIIB
- Peter Tropper, Senior Advisor to AIIB, Lecturer at Wharton MBA program, Former Chief Investment Officer of IFC
Mr. Alexander Lui is a Managing Director and a founding member of Asia Environmental Partners (AEP) since 2008. Mr. Lui has over 18 years of investment and financial experience in both Asia and the United States. He is currently a director of Canvest Environmental, a leading waste-to-energy company listed in Hong Kong. Prior to joining AEP, Mr. Lui was a Vice President in the Corporate Principal Investments Group at Merrill Lynch in Hong Kong where he was responsible for direct investments in renewable energy. Previously, he held positions in Merrill Lynch’s distressed debt trading and investment banking group in both Tokyo and New York. Mr. Lui graduated magna cum laude from Cornell University with a B.S. in Operations Research & Industrial Engineering and an A.B. degree in Economics.
Mr. Marat Zapparov is the founding partner of Eurasia Infrastructure Investment Platform, an infrastructure fund focusing on the Russia, Central Asia and CIS region – an increasingly vital land bridge between Europe and Asia. EIIP is backed by UFG Asset Management, a leading international asset manager investing in Russia and CIS with USD 2.3bn AUM. Marat has over 15 years of experience, primarily in financing infrastructure in Asia and emerging markets. Previously, Marat led the Infrastructure team at Clifford Capital, the Singapore Government-backed financier, where the team completed award-winning transactions globally across energy, water, transportation, LNG, such as the Myingyan power project in Myanmar and Bayfront Infrastructure Capital (Asia’s 1st infrastructure debt securitization). Previously Marat worked in the HSBC Project Finance team in Hong Kong and the KPMG Global Infrastructure Projects Group in London. Marat holds a BSc in Mathematics and Philosophy from the University of Southampton and is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales.