PositionIntern, Financial Engineering
Department/DivisionImplementation Monitoring Department
Job Type **Internship
Posting DateAug 23, 2023
Closing Date *Sep 08, 2023
Duration2 to 3 months
Starting DateSeptember 2023
Intern, Financial Engineering
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
- Conduct a study on the utilization of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to analyze bond descriptions and quantitative data to predict probability of default.
- Utilize programing skillsets to replicate, modify, and strengthen existing program on corporate credit bond default characteristics in EM Asia
- Support Portfolio Management team in developing or creation of new reports required in monitoring of Fixed Income assets (bonds, ABS, etc.)
- Connect and automate data from multiple sources (internal and external channels) to consolidate and analyze Fixed Income portfolio information
- Maintain existing quantitative reports to evolve with updated operational environment
- Other tasks assigned by the Portfolio Management team
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s or Doctorate degree program from an internationally recognized instituion
- Strong Microsoft Excel VBA skill for report automation
- Strong skillset in Python for AI or machine learning capabilities
- Basic knowledge of Fixed Income, Finance, and Economics concepts
- Ability to synthesize various disciplines, e.g. data science, report design, database development and programming
- Experience in hands-on projects is preferred
- CFA designation or candidate is preferred, and user of Bloomberg Terminal would be preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills. Fluent in oral and written English
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.