PositionIT Data Architect SpecialistMinimum 5-8 years of experience
Job Type/ Department **In-Country Recruitment
Posting DateSep 21, 2017
Closing Date *Oct 18, 2017
IT Data Architect Specialist
The IT Data Architect Specialist will be responsible for evaluating current systems and processes and working with vendors, user departments and other application system IT project managers to create an enterprise level data strategy and to build and implement IT infrastructure and analytics solutions to meet business needs.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Defining, implementing and maintaining data management platforms, information analysis tools and roadmaps for services.
- Managing data governance, data security, quality, integrity and consistency across platforms, products and business lines.
- Providing a common business vocabulary (regarding data), defining strategic data requirements, outlining designs to meet those requirements, and defining enterprise level data quality practices in alignment with enterprise strategy and business architecture.
- Providing guidance regarding:
o Management of structured and unstructured data.
o Best practices and tools including data management platforms, data visualization, data mining, data models, data management project organization, and data methodologies.
o Data quality and management (collection, organization, archiving, deletion) disciplines.
o Data management trends.
o Data management performance tuning.
o Application of global privacy laws.
- Reviewing adherence to architectural principles, standards, and tools through architectural reviews and/or testing.
- Maintaining compliance with regulations regarding disciplines such as security frameworks, control systems, etc.
- Managing IT projects and vendors for projects associated with procurement, contracting, project plan development and progress mapping, budget, risk management, etc.
- Assisting business departments with defining and fine-tuning business processes by leveraging industry best practices in data standards and cross system mapping.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experiences in data governance, data warehouse management, data reporting, or business intelligence.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of underlying data business models for financial institutions; knowledge of multilateral development bank business processes and data requirements are preferred; experience with data platform Saas-based application systems, i.e., SAP and Bloomberg AIM etc., and integration (SOA/ESB) products would be a plus.
- Strong experience with project management, business analysis, vendor management, etc.
- Familiarity with mainstream product packages on the market for master data management, data warehouse management, business intelligence, and reporting; have experience to managing implementation and maintenance projects.
- Proficiency in English.
- Master’s degree equivalent or above in related fields from a reputable university.
- Previous experience and qualifications will dictate the employee level in which an applicant will enter the Bank.
All current vacancies
All open positions at a glance:ALL CURRENT VACANCIES