PositionCounsel – CorporateMinimum 5-8 years of experience
Department/DivisionOffice of the General Counsel
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateSep 21, 2017
Closing Date *Oct 18, 2017
Counsel – Corporate
The primary responsibility of the Counsel - Corporate is to provide legal and policy advice and assistance, under the line manager’s supervision, to the Administration Vice Presidency, the Compliance, Effectiveness and Integrity Unit, and the Communications and Development Department, with a view of ensuring protection of the Bank’s interests and compliance with its mandate, policies and procedures. The Counsel - Corporate is also expected to work across functional boundaries, in particular in the area under the authority of the Corporate Secretariat Vice Presidency, as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing legal advice and support to the Administration Vice Presidency and in particular advising upon international administrative law and HR policy, corporate procurement and IT-related matters.
- Providing legal advice and support to the Compliance, Effectiveness and Integrity Unit and in particular advising upon application of the Prohibited Practices Policy and other integrity-related matters and to the Communications and Development Department regarding protection of the Bank’s intellectual property and application of the Public Information Policy.
- Providing legal advice and support regarding application of the Codes of Conduct for Bank Personnel and Board Officials, the implementation of the Headquarters Agreement, the privileges and immunities of Bank Officers and Employees, and Bank-wide dispute resolution strategies and procedures.
- Upon the line manager’s request, advising the Corporate Secretariat Vice Presidency on institutional legal matters, including those in relation to membership and governance matters.
- Conducting research and drafting memoranda and correspondence concerning corporate and, as requested institutional, issues.
- Providing assistance to the development of the Bank’s internal legal framework.
- Promoting innovative approaches and seeking process and product improvements.
- Displaying good judgment and being answerable for the work product and advice provided.
- Contributing to OGC initiatives generally and corporate and institutional initiative in particular, including training, knowledge management and publications.
- Coordinating and collaborating in the legal field with other multilateral development banks (MDBs) and development partners to further AIIB’s work in assigned areas.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant professional experience for appointment at Counsel level, with emphasis on legal issues relevant to MDBs.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent legal drafting abilities.
- Wide-ranging experience in aspects of MDB legal work.
- Intellectual leadership and strong interpersonal, diplomatic and partnership skills.
- Ability to innovate while mitigating legal risk.
- Strong communication skills, including speaking persuasively and presenting ideas clearly.
- Excellent command of English, including with drafting and negotiating legal documents in English.
- Superior level of resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- A law degree from a leading university and qualified to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
- Previous experience and qualifications will dictate the employee level in which an applicant will enter the Bank.
All current vacancies
All open positions at a glance:ALL CURRENT VACANCIES