PositionCounsel – FinanceMinimum 5-8 years of experience
Department/DivisionOffice of the General Counsel
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateSep 21, 2017
Closing Date *Oct 18, 2017
Counsel – Finance
The primary responsibility of the Counsel – Finance is to provide legal and policy advice and assistance to the Finance and other departments of the Bank on funding, derivatives, repo and liquid asset investment operations as well as other Finance matters, with a view to ensuring the highest standards of legal advice and documentation, protection of the interests of the Bank, and compliance with the Bank’s mandate, policies and procedures. The Counsel – Finance is also expected to work across functional boundaries, as assigned by the line manager from time to time.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing high quality legal and policy advice to the Treasury, Controller, Risk and other departments of the Bank on the substantive areas referred to above.
- Researching, writing and presenting orally on legal issues and drafting and negotiating legal texts.
- Promoting innovative approaches and seeking process and product simplification, working within and developing the institution’s internal legal framework.
- Developing and maintaining specimen legal documentation to ensure adherence to best practice and applicable law and to define and reflect relevant Bank standards and policies.
- Displaying good judgment and being answerable for the work product and advice provided, contributing to institutional initiatives and advising on the application of policies and procedures.
- Coordinating and collaborating in the legal field with other multilateral development banks (MDBs) and development partners to further AIIB’s work in assigned areas.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant professional experience for appointment at Counsel level.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent legal drafting abilities.
- Intellectual leadership and strong interpersonal, diplomatic and partnership skills.
- Ability to innovate while mitigating legal risk.
- Strong communication skills, including speaking persuasively and presenting ideas clearly.
- Excellent command of English, including with drafting and negotiating legal documents in English.
- Superior level of resourcefulness, ability to work autonomously and under pressure.
- A law degree from a leading university and qualified to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
- Previous experience and qualifications will dictate the employee level in which an applicant will enter the Bank.
All current vacancies
All open positions at a glance:ALL CURRENT VACANCIES