PositionSenior Compliance OfficerMinimum 8-10 years of experience
Department/DivisionStrategy, Policy and Budget Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateSep 21, 2017
Closing Date *Oct 18, 2017
Senior Compliance Officer
The Senior Compliance Officer will support senior management with managing issues related to sanctions, the prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing, and due diligence pertaining to the review of counterparties and clients. The Senior Compliance Officer is expected to play a senior role in policy development, raising the level of due diligence pertaining to counterparties and clients and ensuring that the Bank’s financing is in compliance with its policies as well as global best practices.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing support to ensure that the highest standards of "Know Your Clients" (KYC) are applied to various activities of the Bank.
- Developing, refining and enhancing the Bank’s policies and practices regarding compliance with different sanctions regimes, prevention of money laundering and terrorism financing, and its own due diligence pertaining to the review of counterparties and clients.
- Reviewing compliance of the Bank’s investments with relevant regulations.
- Maintaining and updating the Bank’s knowledge database on relevant global compliance issues, such as Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Countering Financing of Terrorism (CFT) and sustaining positive professional partnerships with relevant partner institutions.
- Working with relevant departments in the Bank to ensure that investment staff is well-versed regarding client and counterparties’ due diligence processes and providing relevant training programs to increase employee awareness and knowledge.
- Liaising with multilateral and bilateral partners and member governments to improve the relevant compliance functions of the Bank.
- Keeping abreast of the latest regulatory developments and advising internal stakeholders on the implications and specific business impacts on the Bank.
- Developing practical mechanisms to ensure that Bank’s operations are in compliance with global AML and CFT requirements.
- Providing advice and expertise on assessing and evaluating reputational risks relating to compliance issues pertaining to the Bank’s investments.
- Advising and assisting operational staff in the Bank with conducting KYC due diligence on relevant counterparties of the Bank in respect to proposed and on-going activities.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience in the compliance field related to anti-money laundering and/or counter terrorism financing and preferably with a 3-5 years’ experience with a multilateral or bilateral development institution or financial institution in two or more regions, including Asia.
- Working knowledge of development financing compliance rules and regulations with specific working knowledge of Currency and Foreign Transactions Reporting, OFAC, UN Embargo, EU Embargo and other regional regulations around compliance.
- Significant experience with KYC, AML, CFT and policy compliance best practices, especially in an IFI environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a solid track record in compliance on a global scale.
- Ability to interpret complex regulatory requirements and create appropriate policies, procedures and training materials.
- Ability to interpret regulatory requirements as they apply to all areas of AIIB investments.
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly across boundaries.
- Exceptional research and technical writing skills.
- Exceptional level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural organization.
- Strong organizational skills and proven track record of results.
- Strong English written and verbal communications skills with experience in writing high level reports for members of a senior management team.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in law, public policy, business, accounting, finance from a reputable university and financial institution compliance certification credentials.
- Candidates are encouraged to submit a piece of written work on a relevant topic alongside the application.
- Previous experience and qualifications will dictate the employee level in which an applicant will enter the Bank.
All current vacancies
All open positions at a glance:ALL CURRENT VACANCIES