PositionProcurement Specialist (Corporate)Minimum 5-10 years of relevant experience
Department/DivisionFacilities and Administration Services Department
Job Type/ Department **In-country Recruitment
Posting DateJan 24, 2017
Closing Date *Feb 28, 2017
Procurement Specialist (Corporate)
The primary responsibility of the Procurement Specialist is to conduct procurement activities in accordance with the AIIB’ corporate procurement policies and procedures to ensure that Bank’s corporate procurement activities are handled in the way of economy, efficiency and transparency to support the Bank’s operations. Responsibility also includes the requirement to provide technical advice and training to Bank staff and vendors/suppliers.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, standardize and improve the Bank’s corporate procurement processes, procedures and documentation focusing on the selection of consultants (firms and individuals) and management of consultant contracts
- Handle the selection of consultants in collaboration with user departments
- Participate in technical and financial evaluation of proposals submitted by consultants for bidding
- Conduct financial negotiations for award of contracts to selected consultants
- Review complaints from consultants arising from a procurement process
- Participate in development of the consultant administration system
- Provide business opportunity outreach on AIIB funded opportunities for consultants to both the international and local business community.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant experience of public procurement in large financial organizations or other relevant sectors
- Sound knowledge and significant experience of international best practice in tendering and contracting strategies; covering selection and recruitment of consultants as an added value
- Professional knowledge of public procurement legislations and international/national procurement policies and procedures
- Strong communication, analytical, procurement and contract management related problems solving skills
- Strong track record of integrity and exposure to the best-in-class process of managing integrity issues with vendors
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public procurement, business administration or related fields from a reputable university; professional Procurement Certification (e.g. CPSM, CIPS) preferred.
All Current Vacancies
All open positions at a glance:ALL CURRENT VACANCIES