PositionPrincipal Investment Officer - Capital Markets and Structured ProductsMinimum 15 years of experience
Department/DivisionInvestment Operations Region 1 - Banking Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateJan 15, 2020
Closing Date *Feb 29, 2020
Principal Investment Officer - Capital Markets and Structured Products
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) was founded to bring countries together to address Asia’s daunting infrastructure funding gap. Our mission is to improve economic and social development in Asia and beyond through a focus on sustainable infrastructure, cross-border connectivity, and private capital mobilization. AIIB has committed capital from 102 members of USD100 billion of which USD20 billion is paid in. AIIB is a triple A-rated institution.
The AIIB’s Investment Operations are divided into two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Banking Department, Region 1 is looking for a Principal Investment Officer who will be tasked to lead the origination and execution of infrastructure and infrastructure-related productive sectors projects. The projects will involve capital markets and structured products such as corporate bonds, green bonds, project bonds and other asset-backed securities, and equity market instruments (such as indirect equity investments as well as direct equity investments both in corporate platforms and in specific projects). The Principal Investment Officer is expected to work closely with other relevant AIIB departments, assist management in preparing strategies for building the deal pipeline and assist in implementing these strategies. Training and developing junior team members will be an important responsibility.
The Banking Department has the following teams:
- Capital markets and structured products;
- Digital infrastructure and industry;
- Financial institutions and syndication; and
- Private equity.
- Origination and execution of capital market and structured finance projects;
- Lead projects through AIIB’s due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documentation;
- Manage key internal stakeholders and the AIIB project approval process, ensuring that projects comply with AIIB’s policies and strategies;
- Work as a team player, including supporting the team and team management in achieving their targets and objectives; and
- Lead the team in meeting its target goals.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant work experience in the field of capital markets and structured finance gained from global investment banks (sell-side experience preferred), and/or international financial institutions;
- Strong project lead/management skills; able to identify, engage and work with different stakeholders across private and public sectors, such as issuers, institutional investors, regulators, banks and other intermediaries;
- Experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt, equity including securitization;
- Experience in working on investment projects through an established approval process;
- Strong financial, analytical and credit skills;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities, as well as excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in Englisg a must with additional language skills viewed as a benefit.
- Candidates with a master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in business administration or finance, are strongly preferred.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES