PositionCounsel/Senior Counsel - Investment OperationsMinimum 5 years of experience
Department/DivisionOffice of the General Counsel
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateNov 08, 2019
Closing Date *Nov 29, 2019
Counsel/Senior Counsel - Investment Operations
The Counsel/Senior Counsel—Investment Operations will be responsible for providing legal and policy advice in relation to the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank's (AIIB) private sector and sovereign investment transactions with a view to protecting AIIB’s interests and ensuring compliance with AIIB’s mandate, policies and procedures. Private sector transactions typically include secured and unsecured loans, equity investments, participation in private equity funds, guarantees and other risk-sharing products. Sovereign sector financing includes sovereign and sovereign-guaranteed loans.
- Assist in the structuring of transactions, select and manage external legal counsel, draft and negotiate transaction documents, handle signings and closings and assist with the legal aspects of project monitoring.
- Assist in carrying out AIIB’s policy mandate in the context of AIIB’s investments, e.g., with a view to ensuring compliance with AIIB’s environmental standards and other policy requirements.
- Assist in the development of specimen legal agreements of AIIB.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other multilateral development banks and development partners to further AIIB’s investment operations work.
- Minimum five years for Counsel and eight years for Senior Counsel of relevant post qualification practice experience, at least part of which were spent at a top-tier international law firm.
- Relevant professional experience with English law-governed financing agreements in one or more of the following fields:
- Cross-border lending transactions involving taking of security.
- Cross-border private equity investments.
- Cross-border capital markets transactions.
- An understanding of the legal aspects of investment operations of multilateral banks would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of English, including drafting and negotiating legal documents in English.
- Ability and resourcefulness to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to communicate with and convince internal and external stakeholders at a high level with appropriate legal solutions (including the ability to negotiate complex legal documents with sophisticated counterparties at a senior level [for Senior Counsel]).
- Experience in working collaboratively in a cross-cultural environment.
- A law degree from a leading university; candidates from civil law jurisdictions would ideally have a postgraduate law degree from a common law jurisdiction.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES