PositionSenior Press OfficerMinimum 8-10 years of experience
Department/DivisionCommunications and Development Department
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateNov 27, 2018
Closing Date *Dec 18, 2018
Senior Press Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is looking for a Senior Press Officer with strong media relationships and an excellent track record working with Chinese domestic media outlets and with international media. The candidate will play an important role in AIIB's communications team and will be a key performer in helping to shape and share the bank's story.
- Forge and maintain relationships with influential members of the Chinese and international media. Anticipate and respond to media needs to drive factually correct story placement.
- Develop and execute an international media plan to advance AIIB's mission and goals.
- Plan press conferences, write press releases and other media materials.
- Work closely with other departments and members of the communications team to integrate proactive media outreach into the communications. Advance high-profile national and international media coverage of our policies, strategies and projects.
- Provide advice and support to senior executives when dealing with the media, including coordinating interviews and preparing speaking points.
- Serve as initial point of contact for all incoming media inquiries to AIIB and work with the communications team and other staff to develop responses.
- Perform daily analysis of traditional media coverage. Correct inaccuracies and ensure internal awareness of relevant coverage.
- Work with our external PR agency and other communications team members to develop reports analyzing our media and social media coverage.
- Maintain and update media lists.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience working in communications, with direct experience working with the press.
- Strong contacts and relationships with both Chinese and international media.
- Flexibility and tenacity to work on deadlines.
- Able to influence outcomes in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and thrive in bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Strategic and results-focused thinker.
- Keen understanding of how communications contributes to organizational goals.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to see the opportunity and take initiative to put a plan into action.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in communications, journalism, political science, economics/finance, international relations, public affairs, marketing or other related fields from reputable university.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.ALL CURRENT VACANCIES