PositionFinance Officer/Senior Finance OfficerMinimum 5-10 years of experience
Department/DivisionOffice of the Controller
Job Type/ Department **Global Recruitment
Posting DateNov 19, 2018
Closing Date *Dec 20, 2018
Finance Officer/Senior Finance Officer
The Finance Officer/Senior Finance Officer will reside within the Office of the Controller in the Loan Administration Unit and focus on the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank's (AIIB) back office operations that covers primarily loans, but also includes equity investments, guarantees, syndicated finance and other financial products. The role will focus on private sector and nonsovereign operations. The primary responsibility of the officer is to advise front office project teams with technical matters, particularly when having to execute structured finance and equity solutions, by providing guidance on terms to minimize manual administration or finding solutions to implement the transaction.
- Loan/Financial Products Administration
- Work in partnership with Investment Operations project teams to review and provide inputs or solutions to the Loan and Financial Product structuring and execution, aiming to standardize loan and financial product terms or find commercially acceptable workaround solutions if necessary.
- Review and process refund, cancellations, repricings and billings of Loan and Financial Products proceeds on time.
- Close Loans and Financial Products timely and appropriately together with project teams.
- Monitor disbursement arrangements to assess whether they remain adequate and advise the project team of any needed amendments.
- Monitor lapsed loans or Financial Products and take actions accordingly.
- Department Building
- Assist in implementation and configuration of the Loan Management Information System, including data conversion.
- Act as a liaison with other MDBs and commercial banks on coordination and cooperation in the areas of disbursement management and operations.
- Work on the implementation and enhancement of disbursement guidelines and actively contribute in establishing effective and efficient disbursement processes.
- Monitor disbursement performance including maintaining and updating the disbursement database, providing disbursement reports or designing data gathering processes.
- Conduct training and workshops for the borrowers on Loan and Financial Product administration.
- Train junior staff on Loan and Financial Product operations and processes.
- Minimum 5-10 years of relevant practical experience (minimum 8-10 for senior officer) preferably in the environment of commercial or investment banking operations.
- Substantial knowledge of loan administration over the life of loans. Syndicated lending experience, equity and alternatives product knowledge a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication in English. Robust analytical skills.
- High level of personal integrity and a sense of accountability.
- Team player with positive solution-oriented attitude and ability to coordinate and communicate internally and externally for results.
- Ability to multitask and managing competing deadlines.
- Master’s degree or equivalent.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.ALL CURRENT VACANCIES