PositionIntern - Social Policy, Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
Department/DivisionStrategy, Policy and Budget Department
Job Type/ Department **Internship
Posting DateJan 22, 2020
Closing Date *Feb 19, 2020
Intern - Social Policy, Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
- Location: Beijing
- Business Unit: Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
- Duration: 12 weeks
To support the development of tools and guidance with respect to Social Inclusion and Labor.
i. Social Inclusion
- Prepare sectoral assessment and review on current initiatives and technology that support accessibility of persons with disability, particularly with respect to integrating the principles of universal design in transport and urban projects relevant to AIIB’s portfolio and country of operations.
- Gather best practices with respect to gender-inclusive projects in transport, urban and energy relevant to AIIB’s portfolio and country of operations.
- Synthesize research findings into reference materials for AIIB staff use.
- Perform other tasks related to these themes.
To support the development of tools relating to labor in its Operations (Project Work) by:
- Developing a database of the relevant International Labor Organization (ILO) conventions ratified by each AIIB member economies, the corresponding national/local labor laws and regulations, and major labor issues in infrastructure sector in each country.
- Benchmarking what other Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) do on implementing their policy requirements on labor aspects in operations.
- Undertaking quick study on good practices of mitigating impacts of worker influx, including the formulation of codes of conduct.
- Master’s (or equivalent) candidate in, social sciences (economics/geography/political sciences), development studies or equivalent.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Interest in social issues and development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Great team player.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
VIEW ALL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES