PositionIntern - Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
Department/DivisionStrategy, Policy and Budget Department
Job Type/ Department **Internship
Posting DateJan 09, 2019
Closing Date *Jan 28, 2019
Intern - Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
- Location: Beijing
- Business Unit: Strategy, Policy and Budget Department
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Start: June 2019
- Support the Procurement Operations Team in identifying an approach to deal with many aspects related to the role “procurement function” can play in delivering a developing multilateral development bank (MDB) agenda on gender equality in its operations (project work) by:
- Reviewing relevant policies of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
- Benchmarking what other MDBs do on the issue of disability in their policy requirements and operations and ongoing initiatives.
- Reviewing national provisions/legislation of selected AIIB members and or any published papers.
- Reviewing corporate practices that can be accessible and verifiable e.g. (board composition and others).
- Gathering best practices outside MDBs’ remit of gender inclusion in infrastructure projects similar to AIIB’s mainstream.
- Map out existing AIIB portfolio and ongoing projects.
- Support background research on any other related topic that may emerge, such as specific contractual arrangements.
- Master’s degree candidate in law, economics, geography, political sciences, social/development studies or related fields from an internationally recognized institution.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Interest in effectiveness of development and financing.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
VIEW ALL INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES