Beijing, China, October 11, 2019
AIIB International Advisory Panel Gains 2 New Members
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank’s (AIIB) International Advisory Panel (IAP) has gained two new members. The IAP was established to advise AIIB President Jin Liqun and Senior Management on developing the Bank’s strategies, policies and operational approach.
At this year’s meeting, the IAP provided guidance on the development of AIIB’s Corporate Strategy. The addition of the two new IAP members was announced at the panel’s meeting on Oct. 10. They are:
- Mr. Scott Morris—A senior fellow at the Center for Global Development and former Deputy Assistant Secretary, US Treasury Department. Morris is a national of the United States.
- Mr. Takatoshi Kato—Former Deputy Managing Director, International Monetary Fund and former Executive Director for Japan at the Asian Development Bank. Kato is a national of Japan.
During the meeting, President Jin also extended his appreciation to two former members of the IAP who recently completed their terms: Mr. Yukio Hatoyama and Mr. Steve Howard.
IAP members are appointed by the President for an initial two-year term which may be renewed. IAP members are world-leading experts drawn from the highest levels of economics, finance, environmental sustainability, international relations and development. The panel meets twice a year for discussions on a range of topics where AIIB benefits from panel members’ wide international experience and expertise.
The following is the complete list of IAP members:
- Mr. Shaukat Aziz—Former Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz—Former Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia, Malaysia’s Central Bank.
- Mr. Jose Isidro N. Camacho—Former Secretary of Finance and Former Secretary of Energy of the Philippines.
- Mr. Takatoshi Kato—Former Deputy Managing Director, International Monetary Fund; former Executive Director for Japan at the Asian Development Bank.
- Dr. Myung Ja Kim—President of the Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies and Former Minister of Environment of Korea.
- Mr. Scott Morris—Senior fellow at the Center for Global Development; former Deputy Assistant Secretary, US Treasury Department.
- Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala—Senior, Lazard; Former Finance Minister, Nigeria; Former Managing Director, World Bank.
- Mr. Paul Speltz—Former US Ambassador, Chairman and CEO of Global Strategic Associates.
- Lord Nicholas Stern—Professor at the London School of Economics; Former Chief Economist, World Bank.
- Dame Meg Taylor—Secretary General to the Pacific Islands Forum; Former Vice President International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group.
- Prof. Ngaire Woods—Inaugural Dean of the Blavatnik School of Government and Professor of Global Economic Governance at Oxford University.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we began operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 100 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors in Asia and beyond, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.
Beijing, China, February 10, 2020
AIIB to Invest in Emergency Public Health Infrastructure in China
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) announced today it has been in active discussions with the Government of China to strengthen the country’s emergency public health infrastructure.READ MORE
Beijing, China, January 26, 2020
Statement of Support
We would like to express our deep sympathy to the Chinese government for the urgent situation in addressing the spread of the coronavirus.READ MORE